Online check-in

kdog3ss

In a couple of weeks my wife and I will be able to do the online check-in from the app. What kinds of information will I need to have? I'm guessing booking number, credit card info, passport info?

Passport is really all you would need.  They already have your booking information.  You'll basically be answering questions, such as the Healthcare Screening and your requested Arrival Time at the terminal (please note, this will NOT be the time your cabin will be ready or even when you'll be allowed on the ship, this is simply the time you'll arrive at the terminal). 

You'll be asked to upload your passport information and take your boarding photo as well, this will help the Embarkation process run smoothly at all ports.  The information you provide will be given to the authorities at the port to assist with the Customs process.  

You don't have to do the entire check-in process in one sitting, you can come back later and finish it if needed.  I usually get the Arrival Time first and then go back and do the rest later.

10 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Passport is really all you would need.  They already have your booking information.  You'll basically be answering questions, such as the Healthcare Screening and your requested Arrival Time at the terminal (please note, this will NOT be the time your cabin will be ready or even when you'll be allowed on the ship, this is simply the time you'll arrive at the terminal). 

You'll be asked to upload your passport information and take your boarding photo as well, this will help the Embarkation process run smoothly at all ports.  The information you provide will be given to the authorities at the port to assist with the Customs process.  

You don't have to do the entire check-in process in one sitting, you can come back later and finish it if needed.  I usually get the Arrival Time first and then go back and do the rest later.

Thanks.  So I'll also need to upload pictures of my wife and I at this time? 

It has been made quite simple using the app - much of the information is known from your booking.  We rarely do a photo at home, enter passport data and verify credit card info then select our entry time.  At the port they take the photo without any problem.  Have a great time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kdog3ss said:

Thanks.  So I'll also need to upload pictures of my wife and I at this time? 

Yes, however, it's not mandatory to do it in the app.  They will, however, take your picture at the terminal if you don't, so it's one less thing to worry about if you do it during the online check-in.  I'm usually in charge of taking everyone's mug shots for my family.

Edited by broadwaybaby123
  • Like 2

Just now, broadwaybaby123 said:

Yes, however, it's not mandatory to do it in the app.  They will, however, take your picture at the terminal if you don't, so it's one less thing to worry about if you do it during the online check-in.

Even if you do, they may retake it at the port. They retook mine for the Edge in Feb 2020, but yesterday at Cape Liberty she looked at it and said “That one’s good. I don’t need to take another one” to me, but others were having theirs redone.

1 minute ago, SbbquilterUT said:

It has been made quite simple using the app - much of the information is known from your booking.  We rarely do a photo at home, enter passport data and verify credit card info then select our entry time.  At the port they take the photo without any problem.  Have a great time.

Thanks. It's been a few years since we've sailed and I wasn't sure. We'll be with a group of 6 and the other 4 have never sailed before. This is our 11th. Just making sure I have all the info to pass on to them. 

Just now, kdog3ss said:

One last question. What do we need to show when we go through security? I know we need the passport, but isn't there some paperwork we need to print out and bring along?

Your Xpress pass. Printed out or on the app. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2023 at 5:36 AM, Mark_K said:

Normally midnight in the time zone of the port of departure.

Would this observation be particular to the ports in the US?

What about departure ports in Europe or Asia?

Please correct me if I am wrong but it was my understanding that no matter which port that you are departing from, Check-In is open at midnight EST on the date listed in the app. For me that would be 12pm my local time as it would be 12am EST in the US. 

On 7/17/2023 at 2:36 PM, Mark_K said:

Normally midnight in the time zone of the port of departure.

Mark_K, this helped me out yesterday morning, thank you! At 10pm and 11pm Pacific, I couldn't get into check-in. At 12:01am Pacific, I was able to get in and get a 10:30-11am check-in time. My departure port is Seattle.