Premium seats on a p and o charter flight

Lindypops

1 hour ago, Lindypops said:

We have booked  premium seats with p and o for our charter flight to Barbados  .

are we entitled to go into the lounge at Manchester  as one of the benefits of booking premium ?

No I don’t think so - not at Glasgow anyway.   You can do with Marella but I suppose that’s because they belong to Tui who supply the planes.   However, in my opinion that’s the only benefit of going with Marella!   

2 hours ago, Lindypops said:

We have booked  premium seats with p and o for our charter flight to Barbados  .

are we entitled to go into the lounge at Manchester  as one of the benefits of booking premium ?

Unfortunately not. We did get fast track security at Gatwick as a perk but apart from that no other airport perk I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Generally no because unlike a scheduled business class or first class ticket none of your premium fare is going to the lounge operator.

Sign up to Manchester Airport email alerts and you may get offers for lounge access.

As above, unfortunately no - and quite a few people assume that you would. We had pre-booked a Manchester lounge for our flights back in November last year, and had to wait 25 mins in a queue while two family groups argued rather heatedly to get in (without success).

As Thejuggler said above, sign up to the airport email and you'll probably get offers for parking and lounges every couple of weeks.

17 hours ago, Lindypops said:

We always  book airport lounges at Manchester and make sure we arrive early, though prices have risen a lot since covid.  We booked one for a P&O Malta flight, but the check in queue took ages and not long after we got to the lounge we were called to the gate, incredibly early.  We did not go immediately, but they kept calling so thought we had better head off.  Then we spent a very long time at the gate.  Would think twice before booking a lounge for a P&I flight in future, though if there is a delay to the flight it is well worth having.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thejuggler said:

Email from Manchester Airport with parking and lounge discounts landed in my inbox just this morning.

We get discounts through Holiday extra's as well, once you use them the offers for future one keep coming, so worth comparing both.  Not heard about the airport emails, have to try that one.