It’s A Crystal Family Affair – Return To Crystal & Crystal Serenity

Keith1010

27 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

They will. I am sure OBGS is wrong.

Why because they probably don't realize this because that kind of detail is not in any system.

Keith

One thing I miss is the global map that used to be on the wall across from the Bistro. Any plans to resurrect that, Keith? Or am I the only one who liked it?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PTIGIRL said:

One thing I miss is the global map that used to be on the wall across from the Bistro. Any plans to resurrect that, Keith? Or am I the only one who liked it?

I liked seeing the countries that no longer existed, or the ones created since its printing.

And the frequent "oh, that's where X is" discovery.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bluestocking7 said:

Interesting that there are lots of solos.  Sounds like maybe more solos than the number of solo cabins.  Do you know whether there are any programs for solos, or at least a table or 2 for solos at Waterside for dinner, so they can meet each other?  

Many solos are booked in other than the solo cabins. I have 2 future cruises booked as a solo, neither in a solo cabin. According to Reflections posted, there are solo tables once in each of the specialty restaurants and a solo table every evening at either 6 or 7:30 at Waterside. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Somewhere between 450 to 500 guests.

Keep in mind many rooms were needed for executives and others from Crysta and A&K and other who are on board.

And lotts of solos on board.

Keith

I think that is great - a lot of people were commenting that they were going to wait to see how things were going before booking.  More great news - thanks

5 hours ago, bluestocking7 said:

Interesting that there are lots of solos.  Sounds like maybe more solos than the number of solo cabins.  Do you know whether there are any programs for solos, or at least a table or 2 for solos at Waterside for dinner, so they can meet each other?  

I have no idea how many solos there are but I know many myself and they are not in solo rooms only.  I have friends on board who are solos and they are in a range of rooms including solo rooms,double occupancy rooms and at least two of the three suite categories.  As Patty notes there are signups offered for solos.

The solos I know are seasoned Crystal Cruisers and often they know each other or have become accustomed to invite other to join them.  Last night four solos were seated behind us in Waterside and I know they know one another from past cruises.

Keith

6 hours ago, PTIGIRL said:

I have no idea. Honestly, didn't notice it was removed so good catch by you. In some areas new art work such as the new lounge.

Keith

Thanks to Pat and Ray for adding their comments. 

On this cruise a number of people who I don't know have come up to myself and Anne Marie,  It is because of comments I made on this board and another one about being hopeful and overtime providing information that I learned a few months after the purchase took place.  It was unexpected and touched my heart. So I asked each person or persons what do you think of the cruise so far?  The answer is overwhelming positive by everyone I ask.

Are there a few issues? Yes.  For example in some rooms phones not working and some TV's freezing the picture or losing sound intermittently.  iPads not in place yet and a few other things related to systems the crew uses such as printing out specialty room reservations by say the front desk. 

But everyone I speak with says the Crystal product is back and many say as I do enhanced.

Keith

Well.  For me I am starting this day off late and in a moment will start to exercise. I do want to make one final comment.

A number of people have touched my heart since we boarded.  So many I new knew before this cruise.

This makes up for things one has to put up with just because he/she enjoys a product.

One of the many things I learned as a child was to be happy when others are happy.

I do know some people who take pleasure in insulting others or who simple cannot be happy for others.

As I noted early on in this thread I choose to focus on the positive. Since retiring I do not do things I do not like. If I sail on a cruise line (and I have) and it was not to my liking I move on. I recognize we all are human and as such have different preferences and tastes and if we were all the same there would not need to be so much choice in products.  I don't spend a minute focusing on that cruise line I didn't care for or thinking the worst because others enjoy it. I am happy they found something.

I do feel bad for those who get pleasure of spending countless time looking for things they don't like because in my book life is too short to waste time for that.

None of us are perfect. No company is perfect. No cruise is perfect.  No product is perfect.  While some companies strive for consistency things happen.

And finally, if you are old enough to have Parents who grew up during the depression/WWII and heard what life was like for them for some like myself you would put all of that in perspective. You see while some cruise lines rooms are not so large compared to others and want to complain I think to those who had to live through all of this (many died) and when they spoke to us never complained once. Not once about all they went through including those with markings on their arms who were in concentration camps. I remember meeting a man with those marking on a Crystal Cruise.

So yes the glass for me is half full. It always will be.

Keith

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

Keith, thanks again for all your comments and photos! It’s a little hard to read the Osteria menu but I don’t see the beef carpaccio on it that so many of us loved. Will that be served in Waterside just as you said the mushroom soup would be served in Waterside? Thanks. 

Yes it is hard to read the menu and I've tried a few other times so for now I won't post one.  To begin with the print is very small so the only way to read it which I recommend is take a magnifying glass up to it that is what I do for similar things when at home.

Keith 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, happy cruising said:

Keith, thanks again for all your comments and photos! It’s a little hard to read the Osteria menu but I don’t see the beef carpaccio on it that so many of us loved. Will that be served in Waterside just as you said the mushroom soup would be served in Waterside? Thanks. 

You are not going to see Lasagne, Beef Carpaccio, or the Mushroom Soup on this menu. You cannot special order it. It is a completely new concept.  The mushroom soup from time to time will be on the Waterside menu.

Again this is new and personally I am glad they have rolled out a new menu.

Keith

• Like 2

5 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

For some reason when I write using my back up e-mail they go into the unsent folder so I can't answer your questions and for some reason you were not getting my regular e-mail so I think you'll have to wait until I am home.

Keith

18 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

You are not going to see Lasagne, Beef Carpaccio, or the Mushroom Soup on this menu. You cannot special order it. It is a completely new concept.  The mushroom soup from time to time will be on the Waterside menu.

Again this is new and personally I am glad they have rolled out a new menu.

Keith

9 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

For some reason when I write using my back up e-mail they go into the unsent folder so I can't answer your questions and for some reason you were not getting my regular e-mail so I think you'll have to wait until I am home.

Keith

Our friends already have enjoyed the mushroom soup in Waterside on this inaugural cruise. The dinner menu so far in Waterside, especially on formal night, has been fantastic. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PTIGIRL said:

Our friends already have enjoyed the mushroom soup in Waterside on this inaugural cruise. The dinner menu so far in Waterside, especially on formal night, has been fantastic. 

My wife had the soup in Waterside on Formal night and enjoyed it.

Keith

The last 24 hours have been superb. 

We dined in Waterside last evening and the food was superb. Anne Marie tried a new dessert recently created.  Keyword is yummy.

After dinner the evening entertainment featured Comedian John Joseph in the Galaxy Showroom. John combines comedy, music, and improv so you get it all with him in one fantastic show.

We sailed for our next port-of-call Portofino, Italy around 11:00 PM.  We have visited this beautiful area of Italy several times and the last time was in 2015 on a very special milestone birthday for Anne Marie.  Anne Marie is half Italian, so it was fitting to be in this area in 2015.

In fact, first time was our first cruise on Serenity in 2005 when we did a back-to-back cruise.  We tendered ashore and saw our four table-mates and spontaneously found someone to take us over to Santa Margarita and he waited for us to take us back after we walked around and had lunch.

Two photos from 2005 included. See if you can figure out which ones. LOL.

I went over there by myself today.  Getting into the tender you really bumped around with strong sea swells. When we proceeded the tender would go up and down and make that big noise as it hit the water over and over.  It calmed down close to shore. The return was much calmer.  Several guests who went ashore early were on walking tours.

I walked for quite a while visiting sites that we enjoy. He took several photos of the clock tower as this is a photo he likes to use for Blogs and other travel write-ups. One nice the aspect of Portofino we enjoy is it is small and doesn’t get overrun with tourists. Things are mainly as they were which we love.

We enjoyed the rest of the day on board Serenity. Anne Marie walked on the Promenade Deck for the second time. I played Paddle Tennis for a while, and we enjoyed conversations with crew and guests.

Cheers,

Keith

IMG_2401.jpeg.e460fc6250578144860f21e681a6d47a.jpeg

IMG_2410.jpeg.6fb54c966e5c50f55f170d771d7ac38c.jpeg

IMG_2411.jpeg.0031a70d5e632b55e3645e0d18017b42.jpeg

IMG_24132.jpeg.a387e1ce28430f5a533a0356b2cebd3a.jpeg

IMG_2424.jpeg.12511ee463ad00e601fbb3a84be87bc4.jpeg

IMG_2427.jpeg.0b6e8782f30c153ffd203ea25c326714.jpeg

IMG_2429.jpeg.ac37a2b56ad08fba8522de27f1c49fa2.jpeg

IMG_24382.jpeg.9d7ce0ab20d7b66cafc0802f39546edd.jpeg

IMG_24402.jpeg.1f0f7587951eb25fea8335fda0acd838.jpeg

RevisedCrystal2005MedTrip155.jpeg.6b92c1597fb329e5d47a95e41c8f1a2e.jpeg