New to Princess

Sun Queen II

Hi fellow travellers, my DH and I are taking our first Princess cruise in September and I have a few questions that I’m hoping the experts can help with:

1. on the app their is something called “JourneyView Activities Timelines” and when you open specific events for specific days it seems to ask you to register or bookmark these events ahead of time. And it appears that they track the number of passengers planning to attend. My question is do you have to register ahead to guarantee a spot at an event or can you just show up. 

2. Also will the production shows end up being listed there as well?  When we booked they were offering something call the Premier Package that came with the drink package, plus other things. And one of them is “reserved theatre sitting”. How does one do that?

3. also how does one book the Sanctuary for a day. I can’t seem to find that anywhere online or on the app. 

4.  Any other tips for us newbies is appreciated. We are in Caribbean Princess Quebec City to New York on September 9-19. 

thanks in advance!!

1 minute ago, Sun Queen II said:

Hi fellow travellers, my DH and I are taking our first Princess cruise in September and I have a few questions that I’m hoping the experts can help with:

1. on the app their is something called “JourneyView Activities Timelines” and when you open specific events for specific days it seems to ask you to register or bookmark these events ahead of time. And it appears that they track the number of passengers planning to attend. My question is do you have to register ahead to guarantee a spot at an event or can you just show up. 

2. Also will the production shows end up being listed there as well?  When we booked they were offering something call the Premier Package that came with the drink package, plus other things. And one of them is “reserved theatre sitting”. How does one do that?

3. also how does one book the Sanctuary for a day. I can’t seem to find that anywhere online or on the app. 

4.  Any other tips for us newbies is appreciated. We are in Caribbean Princess Quebec City to New York on September 9-19. 

thanks in advance!!

I spots are guaranteed on your first question just a show of interest. On your 2nd if you have a premiere package there are some reserved seats on production shows. Sanctuary cannot be booked till on board

59 minutes ago, Sun Queen II said:

Just show up.  The Event Listings (paper version which will be left in your cabin every night by the cabin steward) will state if sign ups are required.  Only then are sign ups required.  An example would be ukulele classes on cruises to Hawaii because there are only so many ukuleles to loan out.

56 minutes ago, memoak said:

Productions shows are listed there and the Event Listings.  With Princess Premier, you will have seats reserved in Princess Theatre on nights when there are Production Shows (2-3 on a one week cruise, more on longer cruises).  Seats will be blocked off and crew will be there to very that you have the proper package to sit there.  On non production show nights, you will not have reserved seating.

56 minutes ago, memoak said:

You sign up by going directly to Sanctuary once onboard.  It's first come, first serve.  It's $30 for half a day and $60 for a full day.  Usually sells out by embarkation day night, so best to go early on embarkation day.  No refunds if the day you chose has not so great weather.

Edited by SCX22
  • Like 1

Under the "other tips" category:

The lower level of the piazza features the International Cafe. All food is included in your fare. You order beverages at a separate counter. These are included if you have the package,  or charge to your Medallion. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sun Queen II said:

When we booked they were offering something call the Premier Package that came with the drink package, plus other things. And one of them is “reserved theatre sitting”. How does one do that?

Make sure you claim your seat no less than 10 minutes before the show or it could be gone to anyone else waiting to seat.  Check the timing on your ship - it might be 15 minutes; it might be less.  But be courteous and on time so others waiting have a chance to sit and use the unclaimed reserved seats.

4 hours ago, SCX22 said:

You sign up by going directly to Sanctuary once onboard.  It's first come, first serve.  It's $30 for half a day and $60 for a full day.  Usually sells out by embarkation day night, so best to go early on embarkation day.  No refunds if the day you chose has not so great weather.

This is the first and only post I have seen with a price increase from the $20/$40 level that has been in place for some years.  Is this a new thing you know about and what was the effective date?  Or did you forget the correct amounts?

ETA:  They used to cancel charges on rained out days.  In fact, they didn't charge cabin until you showed up.  Perhaps you are thinking of a guest who does a full-voyage booking.  I agree there would not be a rebate in that case.

ETA:  On a Caribbean sector voyage, expect the Sanctuary to be full within 10 minutes of commencement of boarding.  At least for the sea days.

Edited by Steelers36

23 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

This is the first and only post I have seen with a price increase from the $20/$40 level that has been in place for some years.  Is this a new thing you know about and what was the effective date?  Or did you forget the correct amounts?

These were the prices on the Royal to Hawaii and Pacific Northwest this year and the Sky Portugal, Spain, and France in April.  Not sure if $30/$60 are the new prices or if the sailing I was on were the "Scenic Cruises" that Princess is charging more for Sanctuary use?  Someone else might chime in with the prices they saw.

24 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

ETA:  They used to cancel charges on rained out days.  In fact, they didn't charge cabin until you showed up.  Perhaps you are thinking of a guest who does a full-voyage booking.  I agree there would not be a rebate in that case.

There was a sign stating "no refunds" on the Royal and the Sky.  When we asked, the crew taking sign ups said that refund would only be given if there was lightning or tropical storm like conditions.  Light rain wouldn't constitute a refund.

• Thanks 1