Third-Party Ads on Seabourn Source App?

skybluewaters

I'll answer my own question: yes (perhaps).

I've recently noticed the logo of a travel agency displayed on (of all places) the daily menus of restaurants on the Seabourn Source app.

As I anticipate my next cruise, I enjoy checking out the dinner menus of the ship that I will be sailing next (in this case Odyssey), and for the first time ever, I've seen a brightly-colored logo of a travel agency showing on the daily menu.  This started last week and is only on an occasional menu.

The logo is not a link to the travel agency's site, it's just the logo itself.

An internet search shows the company to be a niche agency located in the United States.

CC doesn't allow direct references to travel agencies, so I won't mention them by name.

It appears that this agency sponsors/arranges/charters cruise ships for a certain theme.  Could it be that the current cruise on Odyssey is being used by that agency for one of their cruises and perhaps the logo on individual menus indicates to their passengers which restaurant to go to that evening?  Or is it simply an advertisement? 

Anyone else notice this, especially if your next cruise is on Odyssey and you're able to view their daily menus?

Leo,

The current 7 day odyssey cruise is a charter, a full charter.  I am embarking soon on the odyssey and also noticed what you posted about the travel co. On sb source.  I did my research as I’m familiar with the company and realized they have a group currently on board the odyssey.  This company has been around for quite some time and offers several cruises yearly.

Nancy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quest also had a life insurance/annuity sales group on board last week whose logo appeared on the daily menus.  I'm guessing it was a sales bonus for selling a lot of life insurance and annuity policies.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Nothing at all showing up on mine. Just a normal typed menu. No logo's whatsoever.

Is your next scheduled cruise on Odyssey?  If not, you won't see it.

Currently, the logo appears on the Earth & Ocean menu page.  However, it won't appear if you view the menu via the "Dining at a Glance" link.  It can only be seen by clicking on the "Earth & Ocean at The Patio" link.

11 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

Is your next scheduled cruise on Odyssey?  If not, you won't see it.

Currently, the logo appears on the Earth & Ocean menu page.  However, it won't appear if you view the menu via the "Dining at a Glance" link.  It can only be seen by clicking on the "Earth & Ocean at The Patio" link.

We embark in 10 days.

I don't have 'Dining at a Glance' on the app.  I only have the individual restaurants and then click each one individually.  Within that, there is a choice of  'Tonight's Dinner Menu' on each dining venue

or 'Tonight's Dinner Menu (Accessible)' which doesn't work at all.

So if I click on 'Tonight's Dinner Menu' the only way to see it, is to download it onto my phone, then open it within Downloads.

It never used to be like this, it was easy to look at menus.  It isn't now. 

I have, before, cleared the cache etc, and deleted the app and re-installed it.  Still the same.  Most frustrating.  

7 hours ago, Mauzac said:

We embark in 10 days.

I don't have 'Dining at a Glance' on the app.  I only have the individual restaurants and then click each one individually.  Within that, there is a choice of  'Tonight's Dinner Menu' on each dining venue

or 'Tonight's Dinner Menu (Accessible)' which doesn't work at all.

So if I click on 'Tonight's Dinner Menu' the only way to see it, is to download it onto my phone, then open it within Downloads.

I have, before, cleared the cache etc, and deleted the app and re-installed it.  Still the same.  Most frustrating.  

It’s not obvious. On the home page in the “Plan Your Day” section, you can scroll to the right to see more options - including “Dining at a Glance”. When I tap on the “Tonight’s Dinner Menus” button it opens a browser window with the menus. This works on my iPhone and iPad. Since you haven’t boarded yet it may not be available to you yet. 

Edited by shellbeachjim

35 minutes ago, shellbeachjim said:

It’s not obvious. On the home page in the “Plan Your Day” section, you can scroll to the right to see more options - including “Dining at a Glance”. When I tap on the “Tonight’s Dinner Menus” button it opens a browser window with the menus. This works on my iPhone and iPad. Since you haven’t boarded yet it may not be available to you yet. 

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Yes, there is no 'plan your day' section for me.  So I imagine it will all become available when we board.  The strange thing is... it all used to work, and it was just fun to view some of the menus in advance nefore embarkation, but then it just changed.   

There is a new section 'add security photo', not seen that before!

Thank you again. 

Edited by Mauzac
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mauzac said:

Same problem on a Samsung Tablet .... works as it should on an iPad? 

Off course then the downloads have to be deleted.

Why have a one stop easy method when three or four complicated steps will work just as well 😄

The "Plan Your Day" link is only available once onboard, but the ability to see the menus of your next cruise's ship is available for many months prior to embarkation.  If you need to download a pdf in order to see it, there must be some glitch somewhere.

The "Add Security Photo" link has always shown up on my app about two weeks prior to embarkation, usually at about the time the "Boarding Pass" link appears.  I dutifully upload both of our photos each time, although I doubt that it needs to be done. 

@Mauzac Sorry you can't enjoy the fun of checking out the menus in anticipation of your next cruise. I really enjoy doing this, imagining what I would choose for each course and also which restaurant I would pick. 

• Like 1