Specialty restaurant question

Kelownabccan

We are on a cruise so went to my reservation and made some dinner reservations that were complimentary.....probably did them too fast without much thought to days in port or seas days.....lol.....anyways can you make changes on line or have to wait until on the ship now???......cruise does not leave until September so lots of time to grab dates and times.....if I am allowed to change or cancel.....Thanks.....

1 minute ago, Kelownabccan said:

We are on a cruise so went to my reservation and made some dinner reservations that were complimentary.....probably did them too fast without much thought to days in port or seas days.....lol.....anyways can you make changes on line or have to wait until on the ship now???......cruise does not leave until September so lots of time to grab dates and times.....if I am allowed to change or cancel.....Thanks.....

You can cancel first and then change it.

You might have to log out (I did once) or wait and go back in but it’s pretty quick.

You can definitely change 🙂 

• Like 2

If you cancel a reservation that you paid for with a credit (like Have It All) you will see the credit pop* back into your account. You can then rebook using the credit.

*You won't hear the credit pop unless you turn the volume waaaay up. 😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nodakboiler said:

With the free 5 star dinners, do you leave cash tips or can you have a gratuity put on your onboard account?

I’ve left cash.  I don’t think there is a way (yet) to have it charged to you on board account.  I didn’t get a slip with a tip line like you can with beverages on my post covid sailings.

2 hours ago, Nodakboiler said:

Thank you! And I believe we need to wait until we get onboard to book them- is that correct?

If you don’t want to pre-pay and have to struggle to get it refunded (not always but it happens) then yes - you need to wait until you are on board.

Fair warning - there might not be a whole lot of availability with HIA.  Heck, there wasn’t on one P’dam cruise a decade ago.  By the 2nd night, there was nothing left to book but 9 PM and a lot of unhappy 5* Mariners.  We had pre-booked and easily got refunded back then but it has become more and more of a struggle for me in the past few years.

thanks for all the tips on changing the res times.....did all on the computer under manage cruise.....cancelled and then logged out......then logged on later and all the credits where there so re did them all with nicer times.......the ship is sold out so better to get things done now to get the days  and times that we want or like.....it seems with this "all in crazy".......it is harder to pick and choose anymore.....hope it is not too hard to get a drink with dinner.....lol......or have to order two at a time....haha...Ken

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Late to the party, but I have an upcoming cruise in Jan. for which I have HIA.  When can I book dates for my specialty dining from the package and any additional ones I might want to do?  And then, do I do that on the app?  Or through my TA?  Or directly by calling Holland America?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

3 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

Late to the party, but I have an upcoming cruise in Jan. for which I have HIA.  When can I book dates for my specialty dining from the package and any additional ones I might want to do?  And then, do I do that on the app?  Or through my TA?  Or directly by calling Holland America?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Specialty dining shows up at different times depending on the ship and timing.  Usually it’s around 6 months out or less.  The best thing to do is just keep checking and, if you are on a roll call, someone is bound to report when they open up.

You just book them on the HAL website or you can use the Navigator app.  I find the website is better pre-cruise and the app is key on the cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kazu said:

Specialty dining shows up at different times depending on the ship and timing.  Usually it’s around 6 months out or less.  The best thing to do is just keep checking and, if you are on a roll call, someone is bound to report when they open up.

You just book them on the HAL website or you can use the Navigator app.  I find the website is better pre-cruise and the app is key on the cruise.

Thank you so much.