La Dame- $160 pp or $320 for dinner for 2!!!!

A Tucson Guy

14 minutes ago, lincslady said:

The only time I enjoy Sauternes is with foie gras;  a match made in heaven.  To my mind that special deep flavour does not go with puddings at all - but chacun a son gout of course.

Have you tried it with Roquefort?

• Like 1

The best 'sticky' I ever tasted was at the Cloudy Bay vineyard in NZ.  Not for export we were told.  Agree about Suduiraut of the French sauternes. I enjoy it with Christmas pud.   Only had Yquem once, years ago, at the Grosvenor House Hotel on Park Lane when the recently late lamented Nico Ladenis was the chef and had three Michelin stars.  I was with the veteran Hollywood actor Joseph Cotten and Nico came out and gave us all a glass on the house.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 6:00 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

I would never say that Sauternes are onerous.  Château d'Yquem is welcome at any time, any place [on your dime...]  I don't know too much about the lesser cuvées but have never found one that was unacceptable.  This is a traditional pairing for foie gras, and fine by me.

Last night I had a foie gras appetizer and asked the waiter to pair it with a sweet wine.  He brought me Blandy's Duke of Clarence Madeira, which was brilliant!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Last night I had a foie gras appetizer and asked the waiter to pair it with a sweet wine.  He brought me Blandy's Duke of Clarence Madeira, which was brilliant!

Duke of Clarence is my go to with a nice blue cheese. Take a sip before eating the cheese and it is incredible the difference it makes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Duke of Clarence is my go to with a nice blue cheese. Take a sip before eating the cheese and it is incredible the difference it makes. 

Sadly it doesn't seem to be available in the US.  I shall check the LIS duty-free shop.

• 1 month later...

Now that we’ve had a little time to get over the sticker shock of the price of La Dame on the Nova, I have a question for those that have take the plunge. My DH and I will be celebrating our anniversary in March on the Nova. We have a $1000 OBC and I thought I would use it on a special dinner at La Dame. I don’t need to spend it in the shops on jewelry, watches or clothing. Given that the upcharge will be covered by the OBC do you think it would be worth it for our special occasion? Any other dining venue you would consider for this occasion?

7 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

Now that we’ve had a little time to get over the sticker shock of the price of La Dame on the Nova, I have a question for those that have take the plunge. My DH and I will be celebrating our anniversary in March on the Nova. We have a $1000 OBC and I thought I would use it on a special dinner at La Dame. I don’t need to spend it in the shops on jewelry, watches or clothing. Given that the upcharge will be covered by the OBC do you think it would be worth it for our special occasion? Any other dining venue you would consider for this occasion?

Personally I didn't think the food at La Dame was any better than Atlantide.  It seems SS is using La Dame to mop up all the onboard credit they/agents give out.  I prefer to spend our OBC at the shops.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

It may not be as intimate, but the Chef's Table is quite a "Dinner and a Show". With the shipboard credits that you have, try it.

• Like 2

On 11/9/2023 at 6:51 PM, TakingFlight said:

I would spend it in the spa. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

That’s actually a good price for a resort-style treatment.

Yes, but a good bit more than the other RCG lines.

The Tivoli Avenida Liberdade, where we'll be staying pre-cruise for a while in 2 weeks, runs $130 for 90 minutes.

Based upon what we've seen here, we're thinking the Chef's Table might be a lot more fun than just the La Dame 'experience'.

24 minutes ago, canderson said:

Yes, but a good bit more than the other RCG lines.

The Tivoli Avenida Liberdade, where we'll be staying pre-cruise for a while in 2 weeks, runs $130 for 90 minutes.

Based upon what we've seen here, we're thinking the Chef's Table might be a lot more fun than just the La Dame 'experience'.

Having done both, I agree that Chef's table is more fun unless you want a quiet intimate dinner, then go with La Dame!