Southampton to Gatwick on debarkation day

Jayandar

Well, it depends how you want to get there, and where you're going to. For example, hiring a car service will be shorter than a train or bus, and flying within the UK or to the EU will require less advanced arrival than a flight to, say, US or Canada. 

On 7/28/2023 at 4:53 PM, fbgd said:

I like the idea of flying on BA, SOU-SZG-LGW.

Although currently the only possible date for using that routing is December 9th 2023...

On 7/28/2023 at 8:53 AM, fbgd said:

I like the idea of flying on BA, SOU-SZG-LGW.

As a total aside, I can't imagine the UK allows this as a connection, right? Kind of like how, for example, United can't sell you a ticket from Vancouver to Toronto via O'Hare. 

1 hour ago, Zach1213 said:

As a total aside, I can't imagine the UK allows this as a connection, right? Kind of like how, for example, United can't sell you a ticket from Vancouver to Toronto via O'Hare. 

They're bookable. Not SOU-SZG-LGW, specifically, but it's not hard to find SOU-DUB-LGW or SOU-GLA-LGW. Or LHR-CDG-EDI.

As for YVR-ORD-YYZ: If there's a problem, I would expect that to be cabotage. But even so, I could readily find prices for it on AA.

There was a discussion on this topic a number of years ago on the Ports of Call-British Isles board. I recall that it wasn't convenient for a same-day flight. There may have been changes so it would be worthwhile resurrecting that thread.

Edited by Dancer Bob

3 hours ago, Dancer Bob said:

There was a discussion on this topic a number of years ago on the Ports of Call-British Isles board. I recall that it wasn't convenient for a same-day flight. There may have been changes so it would be worthwhile resurrecting that thread.

It would be very simple to arrive at Southampton in the morning and get a flight out of Gatwick on the same day. It's like a 90-minute drive.