Another Unannounced Change??

jelayne

5 hours ago, virginconvert said:

I've said it before and i'll say it again: I have no idea why you put up with this horrendous tipping culture. I read an article a week or two ago that spoke about a Canadian waiter being absolutely shocked at how well-paid Australian baristas are! Visiting the USA again after many years, I realised how you get completely stung by corporate greed – prices are on par if not more than Australia – and then you have these poor workers who turn into slaves; having to put on fake smiles less they lose their 'tip". And then, corporate greed worsens and tips increase! Please, after leaving the USA in 2001, I realised how barbaric we are as Americans in the way we remunerate the hardest of workers and have much to learn from Europe and Australia. 

We will be in Australia next January for 30 + days, are you saying tipping is not necessary or expected? I know tipping is different in most of Europe.  

2 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

There isn't a date on the document but from X's website the CC Benefits still show:

image.thumb.png.ed938feb3b60150b3b6414bab282b230.png

Regards,

Cublet

maybe just a one off for that cruise,  but we are  hoping they do not reduce days for the Elite bkfst..

We will be in BLU for our next cruise but enjoy stopping in for  coffee and connecting with Cap Club reps. For early excursion, buffet hours  work best.

16 hours ago, virginconvert said:

I've said it before and i'll say it again: I have no idea why you put up with this horrendous tipping culture. I read an article a week or two ago that spoke about a Canadian waiter being absolutely shocked at how well-paid Australian baristas are! Visiting the USA again after many years, I realised how you get completely stung by corporate greed – prices are on par if not more than Australia – and then you have these poor workers who turn into slaves; having to put on fake smiles less they lose their 'tip". And then, corporate greed worsens and tips increase! Please, after leaving the USA in 2001, I realised how barbaric we are as Americans in the way we remunerate the hardest of workers and have much to learn from Europe and Australia. 

Nail.Head.Hammer.

On 7/31/2023 at 3:13 PM, MamaFej said:

At this point, I'm hoping they won't start charging extra for using the tenders. 

I can see it now....

As always, tenders to shore are complimentary 1

1 - there will be a charge for tenders back to the ship

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, virginconvert said:

We in the US LOATHE it.  Tipping now seems to be the norm for take out where they rotate the screen around and you see 18%, 20% (already highlighted for you) or 25% and there's usually zero transparency to who or whom your tips go to.  In some cases, a % of your tips goes to upper management who are hardly ever at the restaurant.  Worse, we often can't avoid tipping even when traveling to foreign countries even if they don't have a tipping culture.  Most of us have probably seen this first hand at a restaurant/ice cream shop/cafe in cruise ports