Dining on Sky Princess

Pine Man

Having recently booked my first cruise with Princess, and only having previous cruises with P&O, I am trying to get my head round the dining process!

On P&O we always had Club Dining (set time and table size) and when I booked our forthcoming Princess Cruise I asked if my wife and I could have fixed dining, preferably on a table for six. The agent said it would probably be ok but nothing showed on my cruise documents about dining.

Is this something that I have to do via the cruise personaliser or will it just happen?

2 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

I was able to reserve a dining plan for every night at the same time sharing a table in Cielo on Sky Princess but no choice of the size of table was given.

Have I done something wrong?

Yes, you should have seen share with others or private table when you booked.

As to the actual size, if you prefer 6 or 8, etc.  Tell them when you first go to the MDR for dinner.  If it’s for 2, private table, then book it that way on the App ahead of time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, you should have seen share with others or private table when you booked.

I did see share with others and that is what I selected but no facility for the table size. I'll wait and see what happens on the first night and take it from there.

Thanks for your response.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

I was able to reserve a dining plan for every night at the same time sharing a table in Cielo on Sky Princess but no choice of the size of table was given.

Have I done something wrong?

No, you have not.  PCL is not allowing guest to select desired table size.  Speak to DR Host or Mgmt on night 1 and let them know your preference.  Note that sharing these days will generally mean different other guests every night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Is this a new feature I am reading about for the first time because DMW has not allowed guests to select table size.

no...guess i should have said "sharing" which could mean 6, 8 or 10.