CO - inside cabin Koningsdam

kluv2cruz

The insides on the Koningsdam are tiny.  If you are solo it might be alright.  Depending on the cruise an OV is not that much more.  Perhaps taking the cheapest OV and club orange would be a better plan

Edited by Mary229
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kluv2cruz said:

Those are no longer available on the sailing I’m looking at, but they did catch my attention. Interesting video.

There are others almost as big on higher decks:

4104,4115,~4123
5108,5125 (HC: 5112&5129)
6112,6127 (HC: 6116&6131)
7104,7097 (HC: 7108&7101
8092,8109,~8100

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/5108-koningsdam/

They have a sofa with hardly enough room for your knees, that make a bed for a triple! (It would be like all one bed!) The ones with the tilde~ appear not as large as the ones without, and probably do not have the sofa.

These are all very near midships, with the 4th deck being one floor up from the Grand Dutch Cafe! but all being "elevator close".

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, kluv2cruz said:

Crystalspin - you’re a ROCKSTAR! Thanks!

Not sure of that, but I do love looking at deckplans! (I have a lifetime membership at CruiseDeckPlans.com -- I don't post pics from there, but with HAL, I can often find the same or similar galleries on halfacts.com, or sometime YouTube links.)

Of the large insides I posted:

have other cabins above and below them.

4104 & 4115
are above the walkway between Guest Services and the Dutch Cafe, where the line forms for the Front Office, with ~4123 actually above the Attrium. We were in 4100 above the Future Cruise desk which is more open to the attrium than the deck plan would lead you to believe, and heard nothing. It's not like it is a nightclub or galley!

On the other hand, 8092 & 8109 are under a kitchen area for the Lido buffet and a note for 8092 on HalFacts.com specifically says it was noisy all night long and they MOVED! ~8100 is near by over a service counter and walkway of the Lido Market.

I would avoid the deck 8 large interiors in favor of any of the others! It is far worse to be under an area of music or cooking than over one. The noise and vibrations come right through the ceiling. And HAL doesn't do the noisy stuff in the Attrium that some other lines do (RCI looking at you).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Not sure of that, but I do love looking at deckplans! (I have a lifetime membership at CruiseDeckPlans.com -- I don't post pics from there, but with HAL, I can often find the same or similar galleries on halfacts.com, or sometime YouTube links.)

I also have a lifetime membership with cruisedeckplans, and I always think of it as one of the best $10 purchases I ever made. I refer to it all the time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

I also have a lifetime membership with cruisedeckplans, and I always think of it as one of the best $10 purchases I ever made. I refer to it all the time.

Quick question—I use the free public site of cruisedeckplans all the time.  What other information is available with the membership?

10 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

Quick question—I use the free public site of cruisedeckplans all the time.  What other information is available with the membership?

I'm not sure about all the differences, but on the membership section you can click on the image icons for individual cabins and get a scrollable presentation of more pictures of that cabin. The public section only gives you one small image on mouseover. That's the main benefit for me. Also, there aren't any ads or popups on the membership pages.

• Like 2