Explora cruises from the eyes of clients

travelberlin

3 minutes ago, frankhi said:

I had a DP booked (as a solo), but when the black friday sale came, the OT prices were to good to pass up. I went from >$1k/nt to $400's/nt, so I booked 3 cruises.

Smart cookie 👍🥂

and I bet you even made sure you got a shower in your OT 😉 it’s easy enough to check on the features of a particular suite when booking - of to get your TA to check for you 

We too are very happy with the deal we got in the Black Friday sale and are very happy with the per diem we achieved versus our other luxury cruise line options (we don’t cruise in the upper level suites) 

37 minutes ago, Wheelhouse said:

I was told that Explora II will not have the seating in the elevator area like Explora I.  Even if they removed one of the two unused obstacles on Explora I flow would much improved. 

Explora staff implied that the reason for the couches in the elevator area is due to the low hanging light fixtures...hmmm, I think this wouldn't affect anyone less than 6'6 or so

Let me provide another positive experience onboard...Today is our final day and we decided to order room service breakfast for the 1st time.  The order was delivered at our chosen time and the food and beverage was delicious and hot.  As a follow-up, the staff returned to our cabin approximately an hour later to pick up the dishes.  Probably the best room service experience on our 40th cruise.  Bon Voyage!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, as3369 said:

Explora staff implied that the reason for the couches in the elevator area is due to the low hanging light fixtures...hmmm, I think this wouldn't affect anyone less than 6'6 or so

Your comment made me look again as I am relatively short and didn’t notice that the overhead light could be a problem.  The current light hangs about 8 inches beneath the ceiling height.  If they are concerned with that drop the area could most likely be retrofitted with recessed lighting.  Even now removing one seat and centering the remaining one directly under the light fixture would definitely help. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wheelhouse said:

Your comment made me look again as I am relatively short and didn’t notice that the overhead light could be a problem.  The current light hangs about 8 inches beneath the ceiling height.  If they are concerned with that drop the area could most likely be retrofitted with recessed lighting.  Even now removing one seat and centering the remaining one directly under the light fixture would definitely help. 

Too late to edit.  I meant 18 inches. 

8 hours ago, frankhi said:

I had a DP booked (as a solo), but when the black friday sale came, the OT prices were to good to pass up. I went from >$1k/nt to $400's/nt, so I booked 3 cruises. BTW, the $200 cancelation fee was applied to my new cruise.

We missed out on the BF sale but will keep this in mind for BF 2024!

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 3:41 AM, frankhi said:

I had a DP booked (as a solo), but when the black friday sale came, the OT prices were to good to pass up.

We’ve stayed in both an OT and DP. While the DP is a little larger, I prefer the layout of the OT. The OT bathroom doesn’t open directly into the bedroom and the DP bedroom wall divider just takes up space. You will be fine in the OT. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

Has anyone stayed in the Grand Ocean Terrace? We have a lot of sea days and spend a lot of time on our balcony. 

I have - the only physical difference between them is the size of the balcony - the internal suite is exactly the same. There are also some laundry entitlements as well in the Grand Ocean which are handy

We found that the balcony was very spacious but the entry level OT balcony is plenty big enough for us and we’ve booked an OT for our next voyage

• Like 2

4 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

Has anyone stayed in the Grand Ocean Terrace? We have a lot of sea days and spend a lot of time on our balcony. 

We did and we loved it 🙂 We will be again in a GT on the Hawai to Vancouver sailing next April. We appreciate the extra space on sea days and for having morning coffee and pre-breakfast pastries ...

• Like 1

Did not know about laundry benefits.  First cruise booked into grand ocean and it was fine.  Second cruise booked into OT1 and I was unhappy.  The layout seemed so different.  Maybe it was, maybe not.

Or, it might have been cabin location.  They were very nice to move us to Grand Ocean and the large veranda made a difference on Caribbean cruise.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Limonadier said:

We did and we loved it 🙂 We will be again in a GT on the Hawai to Vancouver sailing next April. We appreciate the extra space on sea days and for having morning coffee and pre-breakfast pastries ...

What is date of that hawaii sailing thank you

Disembarkation review:

We completed the Disembarkation paperwork and requested latest time (9:30 am), as we had a late afternoon flight and would rather spend more time on the ship than the airport.  The ship requested that all passengers exit their suites by 8 am.

Breakfast was scheduled in the Fil-a-Rouge and Emporium until 9 am.  We elected to await our Disembarkation in the Emporium.  Surprisingly, they kept the food service open until at least 9:45.  Before closing down, staff asked any remaining passengers if they wanted anything else.  When they were satisfied that all passengers were finished, they cleaned up the service area.

Our group was called a little after 10 am to proceed to immigration in the Explora lounge...Fast and efficient!

Explora hands down the best service we've experienced!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1