Who has used Romeinlimo.com AND Italytours.eu

NightOne

I've been searching and have read tons of post on both Rome In Limo and ItalyTours.Eu but I do not recall running across anyone who has done tours with both companies and can compare and contrast the two?

So, anyone tour with both of these companies and have feedback to share?

It sounds like you cannot go wrong with either but just looking for additional feedback.

Thanks

What margin of difference would sway you?  They both offer the basics quite well (safe, clean, timely transportation).  Beyond that isn't it up to the particular friendliness/chattiness of the driver?  Since that's the luck of the draw, why not just go with whichever one offers the best price (and has availability, if the trip is this year)?

7 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Correct. We are very happy with Rome in Limo, so no reason to use a different one.

I agree with @euro cruiser's thoughts.

It is a little odd because Rome in Limo is much higher than ItalyTours.eu in La Spezia but cheaper in Naples. Clearly, I could pick both with 1 excursion each but I am also liking the idea of using the same company for both. 

RomeCabs is on the radar too but more for transfers and such.

We have toured with both...most recently with ItalyTours.EU last fall.  We did the following three tours:

-Positano, Amalfi & Ravello - Driver was 30 minutes late on a rainy day.  No apology.  Not one of out best excursion experiences

-Etna & Taormina - Excellent experience

-The Best of the French Riviera - Excellent experience

ItalyTours.EU drivers do not employ headset / speaker systems which makes it difficult for those in the third row in the van to hear.  I believe RomeInLimo does employ the speaker systems.

ItalyTours.EU is associated with Spain Day Tours, offering an experience a step or two below.

Edited by -Lew-
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 9:53 AM, NightOne said:

I've been searching and have read tons of post on both Rome In Limo and ItalyTours.Eu but I do not recall running across anyone who has done tours with both companies and can compare and contrast the two?

So, anyone tour with both of these companies and have feedback to share?

It sounds like you cannot go wrong with either but just looking for additional feedback.

Thanks

Ive used both companies last year.  Theyre very reliable.

• Like 2

If there are only two people looking to book a tour, one difference I've noticed is that Rome in Limo charges you for the full cost of the tour (min. of 4 people, up to 8 based on the vehicle size) and then you need to find additional people on your own if you want to split the cost with others and reduce the per person price.  Whereas ItalyTours will attempt to match you up with others looking for the same tour date and then charge each person individually. I've only used Italy Tours, but for that reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHawk1 said:

If there are only two people looking to book a tour, one difference I've noticed is that Rome in Limo charges you for the full cost of the tour (min. of 4 people, up to 8 based on the vehicle size) and then you need to find additional people on your own if you want to split the cost with others and reduce the per person price.  Whereas ItalyTours will attempt to match you up with others looking for the same tour date and then charge each person individually. I've only used Italy Tours, but for that reason.

That has not been my experience with Rome in Limo. Could it be the price was XXX for up to 4 people?

5 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

That has not been my experience with Rome in Limo. Could it be the price was XXX for up to 4 people?

The Rome in Limo website looks pretty self-explanatory. Using a Naples tour for exampe, you hire a minivan that holds up to 6 people for 600. As a couple, I would end up paying that full amount (essentially 300 per person) unless I can find 2-4 other people to join me and share in the cost. With Italy Tours, the cost is 100 per person and the company then waits until 6 people have booked to run the tour and each person is billed separately. 

19 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

The Rome in Limo website lists private tours. If you want to find a shared tour they offer that via their other website at https://www.sharingtoursinitaly.com/

ItalyTours.eu lists private and shared toured on the same site.

Rome in Limo lists the prices of their private tours and shared tours on their 2 sites. ItalyTours.eu lists the prices of their shared tours but you have to e-mail them for prices on private tours.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

The Rome in Limo website looks pretty self-explanatory. Using a Naples tour for exampe, you hire a minivan that holds up to 6 people for 600. As a couple, I would end up paying that full amount (essentially 300 per person) unless I can find 2-4 other people to join me and share in the cost. With Italy Tours, the cost is 100 per person and the company then waits until 6 people have booked to run the tour and each person is billed separately. 

One other note on shared tours. If they do not meet the minimum number required they could end up cancelling your tour.