Norwegian Epic - laundry options

ghenry1111

I know there is "laundry service" on the Norwegian Epic, based on other posts.  I would give my laundry bag to a steward and in 24 to 36 hours it would come back to my cabin.  Two questions...

a) Have people asked the stewards for a watch AND NOT DRY?    I have a few things I would like to bring on a 16 day cruise (Rome to Orlando in December 2023) and get washed, but they should not go into a dryer.

b) Might there be a self-service laundry option onboard?

(1) I always wash delicate things by hand in the washbasin in my cabin and line dry.  Very small clothes line across the top of the shower.  I will sometimes hang things from the shower head or a towel rack.

(2) No there are NO self service laundry on any NCL ship.

• Like 2

If you have items that shouldn't be dried, you can pay to have those items dry cleaned instead, but that may or may not be worth it to you, depending on the item.

When cruising, I usually bring a small bottle of liquid detergent, small packages of powdered detergent (Like Tide Sink Packs), or individual detergent sheets. That way, if there are things that I want to hand wash, things that I need cleaned faster than the laundry service turn around time, or I get a stain on something, I can wash it in the sink and hang it to dry.

In a pinch, I have also used the liquid hand soap or shampoo from the bathroom to wash an item or two.

30 minutes ago, ghenry1111 said:

I know there is "laundry service" on the Norwegian Epic, based on other posts.  I would give my laundry bag to a steward and in 24 to 36 hours it would come back to my cabin.  Two questions...

a) Have people asked the stewards for a watch AND NOT DRY?    I have a few things I would like to bring on a 16 day cruise (Rome to Orlando in December 2023) and get washed, but they should not go into a dryer.

b) Might there be a self-service laundry option onboard?

Just my opinion, of course, but I would not trust that they would remember to only wash and not dry certain items. I don't even think you can ask for the laundry to be washed at a certain temperature, for that matter. Assume they'll just dump everything in together. We had our laundry done on the Epic last December and it turned out fine. I would recommend taking @Pitzel's advice and washing them on your own.

• Like 1

NCL doesn't offer self service. I do not recall having the choice of wash only. You can probably ask housekeeping once you are ready. I agree with the others, sink or shower was yourself. There is a clothesline in the shower, you can bring some pins.

On 8/8/2023 at 5:32 PM, SoloAlaska said:

I always wash in the sink using Soak which doesn’t require rinsing. Today I discovered these mini washboards for sale for travel and think I may try one out for my 15 day TA.

Love SOAK!  Thanks for reminding me to get some!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

Don’t forget the matching Flatter as a wrinkle release spray 😉

Thanks.  Got that taken care of already.

Going on an 11 day cruise.  I figure between the free laundry for Latitudes, the Wrinkle Release Spray and SOAK, I should be good to go.  Still trying to do this using only a roll aboard and a back pack.  If I can keep my clothes fresh and clean for 11-12 days, I may be able to do it.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 4:32 PM, SoloAlaska said:

I always wash in the sink using Soak which doesn’t require rinsing. Today I discovered these mini washboards for sale for travel and think I may try one out for my 15 day TA.

I bought a $15 inflatable baby bathtub along with some clothespins and bungee cords for my next trip. The sink is too small for me.

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

You bought.... a bathtub? 😲

Wondering the same.  Where would you put it?  I can't see anything "inflatable" fitting in a cabin bathroom unless you had a suite.  

2 hours ago, Mississippian said:

I bought a $15 inflatable baby bathtub along with some clothespins and bungee cords for my next trip. The sink is too small for me.

Might want to check the inflated size of that bathtub.  The bathrooms usually have a retractable clothesline. so good to go with the clothespins.  Bungee cords? OK, I'll bite.  What would you use those for?

8 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Wondering the same.  Where would you put it?  I can't see anything "inflatable" fitting in a cabin bathroom unless you had a suite.  

Might want to check the inflated size of that bathtub.  The bathrooms usually have a retractable clothesline. so good to go with the clothespins.  Bungee cords? OK, I'll bite.  What would you use those for?

I would use the $15 for the bag fee and bring another suitcase with clothes. I 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

The inflatable tub is small, will fit in shower. The bungee cords are to make another clothes line, either in bathroom or elsewhere.

It is small, but bigger than the sink.

Mommy's Helper Inflatable Bathtub for Baby & Toddler; Saddle Horn Baby Bath Seat Keeps Baby from Sliding; Whimsical Ocean Design Makes Toddler Bath time Fun; Recommended Age 6 to 24 Months https://a.co/d/7R7GoVq

Edited by Mississippian

5 hours ago, Mississippian said:

The inflatable tub is small, will fit in shower. The bungee cords are to make another clothes line, either in bathroom or elsewhere.

It is small, but bigger than the sink.

Mommy's Helper Inflatable Bathtub for Baby & Toddler; Saddle Horn Baby Bath Seat Keeps Baby from Sliding; Whimsical Ocean Design Makes Toddler Bath time Fun; Recommended Age 6 to 24 Months https://a.co/d/7R7GoVq

I’m a minimalist packer.  If I have so many clothes that I would consider some sort of “tub” or some other hanging lines in addition to what the cabin already has, I have WAY overpacked!

What you pay for disposable tub(s) or line(s), I’d save to extra luggage and space and send laundry to the NCL service.

That would also give me more cabin space!