2025 cruises

buchhalm

3 hours ago, exlondoner said:

If by PH you mean Penthouse, I would go for a Q4, unless walking is a real trial. Q3s are near the lifts, and slightly larger, but I have never really noticed the size difference. Oh, and the view from the balcony is better because they are on the bit that sticks out. But I don’t think any of that is worth paying more for.

Thanks for important information @exlondoner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

techteach, Q3 have a better view from the balcony but no real size difference?

My only comment, coming from an ex Q3 passenger is, If I lean over the balcony, I can see into a couple of the Q4 balconies down the way. Whether the accessible balcony next to a Q3 and on the corner will be able to have a clear view onto balconies, I don't know but it would seem feasible.

33 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

My only comment, coming from an ex Q3 passenger is, If I lean over the balcony, I can see into a couple of the Q4 balconies down the way. Whether the accessible balcony next to a Q3 and on the corner will be able to have a clear view onto balconies, I don't know but it would seem feasible.

Nice view of the pilot boat, if you are on the correct side.

2 hours ago, techteach said:

@NE John Oh, just do it! Cruise on down to LA with us! It must be the last cruise of the season for QE.

I’ll check out. Love to hang out with you!!
Looking at 2024, and don’t see LA port stops. Last one goes to SF then to HI. 

Edited by NE John

17 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

17 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Valid point.  Thanks for the additional information, Victoria2.

20 hours ago, newbie202020 said:

Any ideas on when the 2025 summer trips from Vancouver will released? Thanks

All that Cunard says about 2025 is: "Queen Elizabeth's remarkable Alaska itineraries will be announced in the coming months, so please check back soon."  Others may speculate as to when that will be, but that isn't helpful. The Alaska seasons have always been announced later than other voyages.  A Cunard World Club rep told us at a reception that the itineraries for Alaska are more likely to be amended than other voyages, so to avoid upsetting too many people they are set later.  On our cruise this June the port of Juneau was dropped not too far in advance of the cruise, upsetting many people, so that doesn't always work.   

We have taken the QE Alaska cruise on each of the three years they have been operated. There is a lot of competition on that route and fares drop, often long in advance. We noticed that for each of our cruises. We book fairly early, but never at the earliest opportunity and have always been happy with the fares and availability of accommodation. 

Edited by david,Mississauga
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, newbie202020 said:

Any ideas on when the 2025 summer trips from Vancouver will released? Thanks

I won't speculate on when QE's 2025 summer schedule is going to be announced this year, but I can provide some historical perspective. When Cunard has announced the schedules for the other ships during September (as they did on September 19th this year), here is when they have announced QE's schedule.

Summer voyage schedule announcement dates

2019: Other ships: Sep 5, 2017; QE: Oct 23, 2017

2020: Other ships: Sep 13, 2018; QE: Dec 20, 2018

2021: Other ships: Sep 17, 2019; QE: Dec 12, 2019

2025: Other ships: Sep 19, 2023; QE: TBD

For the missing years, when the announcement dates were impacted by the shutdown/restart, the initial announcement dates were delayed significantly beyond September.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, david,Mississauga said:

All that Cunard says about 2025 is: "Queen Elizabeth's remarkable Alaska itineraries will be announced in the coming months, so please check back soon."  Others may speculate as to when that will be, but that isn't helpful. The Alaska seasons have always been announced later than other voyages.  A Cunard World Club rep told us at a reception that the itineraries for Alaska are more likely to be amended than other voyages, so to avoid upsetting too many people they are set later.  On our cruise this June the port of Juneau was dropped not too far in advance of the cruise, upsetting many people, so that doesn't always work.   

We have taken the QE Alaska cruise on each of the three years they have been operated. There is a lot of competition on that route and fares drop, often long in advance. We noticed that for each of our cruises. We book fairly early, but never at the earliest opportunity and have always been happy with the fares and availability of accommodation. 

I think you were on the same Alaska cruise I was in 2022. We tendered in Juneau because all of the docks were taken. Rather than compete with the early rush, I went to the Queens Room for my tender ticket after an hour or two. I sat there for at least an hour. It wasn't worth it, especially since my whale watch excursion was cancelled. 

There are too many passengers arriving at some of the ports, and I expect to see more restrictions about number of ships and number of people. Lines like HAL and Princess have been going to Alaska for something like 40 years. If "longevity" counts for anything, Cunard could be at the back of the queue to get berth assignments, unless being part of Carnivore has some weight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I think you were on the same Alaska cruise I was in 2022. We tendered in Juneau because all of the docks were taken. Rather than compete with the early rush, I went to the Queens Room for my tender ticket after an hour or two. I sat there for at least an hour. It wasn't worth it, especially since my whale watch excursion was cancelled. 

There are too many passengers arriving at some of the ports, and I expect to see more restrictions about number of ships and number of people. Lines like HAL and Princess have been going to Alaska for something like 40 years. If "longevity" counts for anything, Cunard could be at the back of the queue to get berth assignments, unless being part of Carnivore has some weight.

Yes, that sounds like the same cruise. Although my wife passed the test for mobility and was granted permission to use the tender, she decided on the day to stay aboard. We had nothing special planned. I went ashore with friends. we had no queuing either going ashore or returning because it was a quiet time.

Somewhere I have a brochure from many years ago when Cunard offered Alaska cruises on one of their lesser-known ships such as the Cunard Countess or Princess. I'm sure there are people on this forum who would know the details.

So appreciative that the 2025 QM2 sailing were posted on this site. . . This allowed me to plan my 2025 travel itinerary around the 14-day sailing on July 25 that will get us back to the States after 3 months in Portugal, Spain and the UK via Norway and Iceland.  We’ve always loved 7 days on the QM2–14 days sounds like heaven—even in a cozy interior!  Made the downpayment and put in ink on the calendar.  

Now to find the CC Roll Call for that cruise.  

• Like 2