UniWorld River Cruise- Egypt Itinerary

willbrook

Whatever airline someone else may have gotten in the past has zero relevance to what you might receive today.

The airline ticket you will be issued is completely dependent on what the CURRENT contracts are that Uniworld (or any cruiseline) may have at THIS time.

Given that no USA airline flies into Cairo, you would almost certainly be on any of a number of European, African or Middle Eastern airlines.  The only carrier with non-stop service from North America to Cairo is Egyptair, which services Newark, JFK, Dulles and Toronto.

Thanks for your response. I was aware that Egypt Air provided the only direct flights from USA. I thought someone on this board might have specific knowledge of CURRENT UniWorld contracted airlines for their Egypt customers. Turkish Airlines would be my choice via Istanbul, and I’ll book independently, unless UniWorld can offer better pricing and similar convenience on a comparable airline.

4 hours ago, sambamama said:

I've actually flown on Egypt Air. It was a 5 hour flight in Economy from Casablanca to Cairo. It was great, and the meal delicious! You may not want to cross them off the list if you get a good price.

I've only flown them regionally, and pre-covid, between Beirut and Cairo. I agree they were perfectly fine. My flight was only like an hour in the air, but still a decent meal for what it was. 

We flew Turkish Air to Egypt a few years ago.  You have to stop in Istanbul.  We stayed there for a couple of days on our way to Egypt but only had a short layover in Istanbul on the way home.  The flight from there to Cairo is only 2 or so hours.  Turkish has many connections to Africa and India.  Their business class is very comfortable but  their economy is not bad.  We flew from Atlanta.