Need help please. Hawaiian cruse “adjusted”

Hello everyone, I’m super frustrated now. We we supposed to go on a cruise with RC from Vancouver to Hawaii, Maui in October. Because of the situation there with fires, RC just sent us an email where we now have Victoria BC and Seattle instead😭 we’re from Canada, we don’t wanna go to Victoria at all(( 

And the most frustrating thing is that RC don’t want to do a refund or deposit our money to our next cruise. 
What can we do in this situation, please help 🙏😢

Dear Guest,

Due to the devastating wildfires in Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii, we’ll now visit Victoria, British Columbia instead. Additionally, we’ve added a visit to Seattle, Washington on Day 3. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this, nonetheless, the safety of our guests, crew, and the communities we visit are our highest priorities. Below, please find our revised Ovation of the SeasOctober 6th, 2023 itinerary.

Date

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

10/6/23

Fri

Vancouver, British Columbia

8:00 PM

10/7/23

Sat

Victoria, British Columbia

7:00 AM

6:00 PM

10/8/23

Sun

Seattle, Washington

10/9/23

Mon

Cruising

10/10/23

Tue

Cruising

10/11/23

Wed

Cruising

10/12/23

Thu

Cruising

10/13/23

Fri

Cruising

10/14/23

Sat

Napali Coast, Kauai, Hawaii

7:00 PM

10/15/23

Sun

Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii

In Victoria, enjoy a delightful blend of Victorian architecture and beautiful outdoor spaces. Stroll along the Inner Harbour and admire views of the Parliament Buildings and ornate totem poles at Thunderbird Park. Explore the colorful and aromatic Butchart Gardens and be sure to try a ride on the hand-carved Rose Carousel. In Seattle, experience new heights at the Space Needle with a 360º view of the city from a vantage point unlike any other. Check out the Museum of Pop Culture for a throwback to some of the most memorable pop culture moments throughout the decades. Whatever you decide to do, we know you’ll have a memorable time!

Any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for Lahaina will automatically be refunded to your original form of payment. In the meantime, feel free to browse all the exciting shore excursion options for your sailing in Cruise Plannerto level up your vacation.

Thanks for your understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard Ovation of the Seas!

Port changes are nothing new. It's unfortunate that you are not interested in the alternate ports. But the choices are rather limited and Hawaii is busy with more important things for the foreseeable future.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, tkalina1111 said:

Hello everyone, I’m super frustrated now. We we supposed to go on a cruise with RC from Vancouver to Hawaii, Maui in October. Because of the situation there with fires, RC just sent us an email where we now have Victoria BC and Seattle instead😭 we’re from Canada, we don’t wanna go to Victoria at all(( 

And the most frustrating thing is that RC don’t want to do a refund or deposit our money to our next cruise. 
What can we do in this situation, please help 🙏😢

Dear Guest,

Due to the devastating wildfires in Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii, we’ll now visit Victoria, British Columbia instead. Additionally, we’ve added a visit to Seattle, Washington on Day 3. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this, nonetheless, the safety of our guests, crew, and the communities we visit are our highest priorities. Below, please find our revised Ovation of the SeasOctober 6th, 2023 itinerary.

Date

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

10/6/23

Fri

Vancouver, British Columbia

8:00 PM

10/7/23

Sat

Victoria, British Columbia

10/8/23

Sun

Seattle, Washington

10/9/23

Mon

Cruising

10/10/23

Tue

Cruising

10/11/23

Wed

Cruising

10/12/23

Thu

Cruising

10/13/23

Fri

Cruising

10/14/23

Sat

Napali Coast, Kauai, Hawaii

7:00 PM

10/15/23

Sun

Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii

In Victoria, enjoy a delightful blend of Victorian architecture and beautiful outdoor spaces. Stroll along the Inner Harbour and admire views of the Parliament Buildings and ornate totem poles at Thunderbird Park. Explore the colorful and aromatic Butchart Gardens and be sure to try a ride on the hand-carved Rose Carousel. In Seattle, experience new heights at the Space Needle with a 360º view of the city from a vantage point unlike any other. Check out the Museum of Pop Culture for a throwback to some of the most memorable pop culture moments throughout the decades. Whatever you decide to do, we know you’ll have a memorable time!

Any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for Lahaina will automatically be refunded to your original form of payment. In the meantime, feel free to browse all the exciting shore excursion options for your sailing in Cruise Plannerto level up your vacation.

Thanks for your understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard Ovation of the Seas!

Agree in your shoes I wouldnt be happy. I'm sure ourusualbeach is right and you can cancel but still it's a disappointment. I would have thought sub a port in calif or mexico ... seattle? 

This is worse than  last minute hurricane these changes. .. not close to what you booked. 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Agree in your shoes I wouldnt be happy. I'm sure ourusualbeach is right and you can cancel but still it's a disappointment. I would have thought sub a port in calif or mexico ... seattle? 

This is worse than  last minute hurricane these changes. .. not close to what you booked. 

California and Mexico is to far South, They wouldn't make it to Hawaii   in 9 days if they did that.

• Like 5

What gets me is the inconsistancies.

Royal just recently shortened the AD TA for the fall of 2024 from 13 days to 12 and cancelled the sailing and gave people the option of staying on board or changing to Oasis, Explorer or Odyssey all price protected and some of those sailings were double the cost.

Then you have this with Ovation and I'm sure Quantum and it's completely changing the itinerary and nothing unless you are prepared to push back.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Call and press the issue.  You will most likely be allowed to switch to a different sailing without a change fee. 

Unfortunately, RB said we can’t cancel, rebook or get a deposit without a change fee. What can we do with that? 😞

1 minute ago, tkalina1111 said:

Unfortunately, RB said we can’t cancel, rebook or get a deposit without a change fee. What can we do with that? 😞

Press the issue.  Write to the executive office if you have to.  Mbayley@rccl.com 

Before that I would call back and ask that it get escalated to resolutions. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What gets me is the inconsistancies.

Royal just recently shortened the AD TA for the fall of 2024 from 13 days to 12 and cancelled the sailing and gave people the option of staying on board or changing to Oasis, Explorer or Odyssey all price protected and some of those sailings were double the cost.

Then you have this with Ovation and I'm sure Quantum and it's completely changing the itinerary and nothing unless you are prepared to push back.

Idk just asking but wondering if they cant just skip maui. Seems like they are skipping all of hawaii. There are not other hawaii ports they can do, like I know big island has hilo and kona.  ... seattle makes no sense to me.

18 minutes ago, broberts said:

Port changes are nothing new. It's unfortunate that you are not interested in the alternate ports. But the choices are rather limited and Hawaii is busy with more important things for the foreseeable future.

Of course I get it. I know about the situation on Maui. But the problem is the fact that I can’t even get a deposit, at this point I’m not even asking for a refund. 

In terms of alternative ports, I mentioned that I am from Canada. I’ve been to Victoria hundreds of times, there’s nothing new for me to see there so why would I pay that amount just to see what I already saw before.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

RB don’t want to do a cancellation, change or even give a deposit, unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Press the issue.  Write to the executive office if you have to.  Mbayley@rccl.com 

Before that I would call back and ask that it get escalated to resolutions. 

Thank you very much! Will definitely do it!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk just asking but wondering if they cant just skip maui. Seems like they are skipping all of hawaii. There are not other hawaii ports they can do, like I know big island has hilo and kona.  ... seattle makes no sense to me.

Makes no sense to me either😢

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tkalina1111 said:

RB don’t want to do a cancellation, change or even give a deposit, unfortunately.

Too bad you dont have my TA. I bet he could get your a refund. 

Even me if I booked hawaii, I dont want seattle or canada .. and I lived in hawaii 10 years.. but if I booked a cruise to go see it I dont want seattle. Lol. That's crazy bad. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Even me if I booked hawaii, I dont want seattle or canada .. and I lived in hawaii 10 years.. but if I booked a cruise to go see it I dont want seattle. Lol. That's crazy bad. 

That’s why I’m crying all morning today ((( 

can you please give me your TA name just for the future🙏

13 minutes ago, tkalina1111 said:

So the original itinerary was overnight in Maui but they have substituted two mainland port stops?

Whilst disappointing you are actually only missing one port, which happens quite often and usually only announced once on board when you have no alternative but to stay. It is a well-known fact when cruising, that you may/may not get your intended itinerary and if a particular stop is important to you you should choose another form of travel.

I understand your disappointment and frustration and am surprised you don’t have the option to cancel or get a future cruise credit, but you are starting and finishing at the designated locations, which hasn’t been the case with many sailings recently including one that I booked.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The itinerary is not that different from the original. They could have just changed to sea days. Obviously the OP isn’t happy with the substitution, but some people may not have been to Victoria or Seattle and may welcome the chance to go somewhere instead of more sea days.

You can always stay on board.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, c-leg5 said:

The itinerary is not that different from the original. They could have just changed to sea days. Obviously the OP isn’t happy with the substitution, but some people may not have been to Victoria or Seattle and may welcome the chance to go somewhere instead of more sea days.

You can always stay on board.

Sorry to disagree but it is completely different.  Substituting Seattle and Vancouver is no where near an overnight in Maui.  People do not book this cruise for Seattle and Vancouver and if Royal thought that they would they would offer this as a regular scheduled itinerary.

I am fully aware that it's just a change in ports and Royal can do what they did but that does not mean that its the right thing to do.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Is not that different you said??  I was supposed to have two normal days in Hawaii, now I have none! What I will see in Hawaii is the airport on my way back to Canada

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry to disagree but it is completely different.  Substituting Seattle and Vancouver is no where near an overnight in Maui.  People do not book this cruise for Seattle and Vancouver and if Royal thought that they would they would offer this as a regular scheduled itinerary.

I am fully aware that it's just a change in ports and Royal can do what they did but that does not mean that its the right thing to do.  

The sailing is Vancouver to Honolulu, what has changed? 

8 minutes ago, tkalina1111 said:

Is not that different you said??  I was supposed to have two normal days in Hawaii, now I have none! What I will see in Hawaii is the airport on my way back to Canada

There are literally hundreds of threads started by people complaining about itinerary changes. The advice is always the same, see para 2 post #16. 

You will see Hawaii as noted in the revised itinerary. Just from a distance.

If you really want to see more of Hawaii, change your return flight and spend a few days.

• Like 3

I don’t know that they could do any worse for their customers than they are doing. Seattle and Victoria. Victoria and Seattle are no where near an adequate replacement for an overnight in Maui. Victoria is mostly an afterthought as a way to fulfill PVSA. And Seattle is a port very few have a desire to visit hence why there are very very few cruises that go there. 

An overnight in Maui is special. While I understand why Royal had to make the change. They needed to offer a cancel and refund  option. Offering nothing is despicable.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, tkalina1111 said:

Oh I am sorry, you don’t stop at Kauai? I didn’t realize you were just cruising the coast all day. I have only done Hawaii on NCL and we stopped and cruised the coast. 

My apologies but I did say i was surprised you weren’t offered the chance to cancel 

2 minutes ago, Rusty_lock said:

I don’t know that they could do any worse for their customers than they are doing. Seattle and Victoria. Victoria and Seattle are no where near an adequate replacement for an overnight in Maui. Victoria is mostly an afterthought as a way to fulfill PVSA. And Seattle is a port very few have a desire to visit hence why there are very very few cruises that go there. 

An overnight in Maui is special. While I understand why Royal had to make the change. They needed to offer a cancel and refund  option. Offering nothing is despicable.  

Thank you for your support!🤗 I will contact RB again tomorrow, I’m too upset today and it’s hard not to cry(((