Want to share some nice stuff

Knickearth

I am presently on the Ruby.  I am an elite level.  All that said in my many cruises over 20 yrs the staff is the happiest and most helpful I have ever encountered on a ship.  This of course has made the cruise wonderful.

on the second day out they started using lavazza coffee in the lido.  No more syrup coffee or unknown brand.  I am loving the coffee.

the trivia games are now strictly for fun with just old prizes being given out.  They don’t have rules.  No requirement mentioned of 6 or less to a team and when all 20 questions are asked there is no trading of papers.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

I am presently on the Ruby.  I am an elite level.  All that said in my many cruises over 20 yrs the staff is the happiest and most helpful I have ever encountered on a ship.  This of course has made the cruise wonderful.

on the second day out they started using lavazza coffee in the lido.  No more syrup coffee or unknown brand.  I am loving the coffee.

the trivia games are now strictly for fun with just old prizes being given out.  They don’t have rules.  No requirement mentioned of 6 or less to a team and when all 20 questions are asked there is no trading of papers.  

Now this is the kind of thread I enjoy reading 🙂

So glad you are enjoying your cruise this much.

On my self-centered part, really happy to hear the upgrade coffee is finally starting 👍

• Like 3

Remembered another item.

we arrived at ship about 11:45 am.  Walked in and immediately got medallion, no lines.  Walked toward ship entrance and again no line, no wait.  Was fabulous.

third night onboard we requested to have same table nightly and we got it.  The waitress and her asst. we’re incredible throughout cruise.  Friendly, smiling etc. but most impressive was that no matter what we all ordered, if she thought there was a dish we should try, she brought it out to center of table.

whenfried calamari was a starter on the menu, she heard us discussing that we like it crispy etc.  so she got a plate and again put it in middle of table so we could determine if we liked how it was prepared.  Yes we did like it.

don’t know if this is good news or not, but because of having the drink package we consumed more alcohol than we usually do.  We use to go to the vines before dinner and purchase a bottle of wine and have tapas.  No more tapas and now we ordered the individual drinks.  We went to platinum and elite lounge nightly.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, 1965 said:

How were the appetizers in the P&L lounge? Way back in Feb. they were actually pretty good. 

Ok. Always nuts, cheese and crackers,raw veggies,fruit cup, then other would change daily.  We had tuna in tomato, mini quiche, samosas, shrimp

• Thanks 1

Just now, Knickearth said:

Ok. Always nuts, cheese and crackers,raw veggies,fruit cup, then other would change daily.  We had tuna in tomato, mini quiche, samosas, shrimp

Was surprised no more drink specialties or reduced price drinks anymore.