Edge first timer - MDR seatings

Nemanoxer

Hi fellow cruisers.

I have only cruised on S-Class ships before. Usually booked a fixed seating time as there was only one MDR and I was happy to hang out with the same new people every night.

On Edge, there are four MDRs, right? Same food everywhere with the exception of a few signature dishes per each MDR theme. I guess that reduces the probability of meeting the same people every night because many people try different MDRs during one cruise. 

So, in this context, does a fixed seating time make any sense at all? What are your experiences?

1 hour ago, Nemanoxer said:

Hi fellow cruisers.

I have only cruised on S-Class ships before. Usually booked a fixed seating time as there was only one MDR and I was happy to hang out with the same new people every night.

On Edge, there are four MDRs, right? Same food everywhere with the exception of a few signature dishes per each MDR theme. I guess that reduces the probability of meeting the same people every night because many people try different MDRs during one cruise. 

So, in this context, does a fixed seating time make any sense at all? What are your experiences?

I assume you are asking in relation to the anytime dining option. My wife and I have been on numerous Edge cruises but we always have cruised with friends. With anytime dining you may go to any of the 4 restaurants at anytime and ask to be seated. They will give you a buzzer when your table is ready it goes off. You could go to the same restaurant every night and ask for the same waiter and they will try to accommodate you or you can make reservations at any restaurant ahead of time. Be aware that you can order any menu item from any of the four restaurants at any of the restaurants. So, if you want the Greek specialty at the Cosmo, they will bring it to you. (all 4 menus are on the  Celebrity App) 

Sometimes, if you don't have a reservation you can just choose to go to the restaurant with the least people waiting.

• Like 1

When you access your booking from the website, you will have the option of booking Traditional (Early, Late) and Select (Anytime).  However E class ships have done away with Traditional dining (no idea why their website still allows people to book it).

My personal opinion is go with Select and try out all 4 restaurants to get the different experiences.  Very enjoyable

IMG_2675.png

Edited by Cruise till you drop

So, I guess I will just switch to anytime dining.

I will be back from shorex too late for 6 pm seating now and then, anyway. And the later seating conflicts with the theatre shows.

Thanks for your help y´all.

3 hours ago, Nemanoxer said:

So, I guess I will just switch to anytime dining.

I will be back from shorex too late for 6 pm seating now and then, anyway. And the later seating conflicts with the theatre shows.

Thanks for your help y´all.

No matter what you choose it will always be anytime dining on Edge class.