Best strategy to get a drink package for only one in cabin?

bigbadandugly

I’m interested in getting the premium drink package, however my wife does not drink. Due to Celebrity’s policy requiring all adults in the room to purchase the drink package, I’m precluded from benefitting from the current 20% sale on drink packages. 

Given my situation, what’s my best strategy to get a discounted drink package? Or am I pooched and have to pay list on board?

7 hours ago, bigbadandugly said:

I’m interested in getting the premium drink package, however my wife does not drink. Due to Celebrity’s policy requiring all adults in the room to purchase the drink package, I’m precluded from benefitting from the current 20% sale on drink packages. 

Given my situation, what’s my best strategy to get a discounted drink package? Or am I pooched and have to pay list on board?

Probably just cheaper to pay as you go compared to getting a drink package 

Drink package is $120 CAD a day , so that would be about 8 alcohol drinks a day 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It was my understanding there might be a way to get an exception if you call and explain the situation.  I do not know if they are requiring some sort of medical reason for the non-drinker.  They may have you purchase the non-alcohol package for her.  It might be worth a call.

I called Captains Club to just upgrade my packages since my roommate doesn’t drink much alcohol and was told no, but she did offer to change my roommate to the nonalcoholic package so I could upgrade just myself.  I assume they will let you purchase the alcohol package if you purchase the non-alcohol one for your wife.  That’s also Royal Caribbean’s policy, same owner.

I did a search, but didn't find anywhere else to ask this question...and it seemed at least ballpark.  I see a new category offered in the packages, where a 'stateroom setup' is offered [about $135].  Has anyone purchased this, and what does it entail?  Do 'both' [all adults] in a stateroom have to purchase this if obtained?  It looks to me like a 'bottle' of liquor will be placed in one's stateroom...even with mixers [like diet coke or whatever]?  But how does this apply to the traditional 'both adults' must purchase...and exactly what does this buy?  Is it one bottle of liquor...ie a single payment of the $135 approx, or multiplied across the entire cruise [7x or however many days one cruises; and each adult?]?  

I've wondered how the regular booze packages could ever be 'justified' except for convenience for those who have money to burn [who could drink that much each day over an entire cruise]...but a bottle in one's stateroom, that might at least be 'enticing'?  But...well...has anyone done this and what are the details?  thanks so much for any info on this.