How many formal nights on a 12-day cruise?

rsquare

If there are two formal nights on a 7-day crossing, then I would guess 3 for a 12-day cruise.  Can anyone confirm this, or provide a more accurate number?  Or is there any place on Cunard's website that shows formal nights and galas (are they the same?) for 2024 cruises?

I just signed up for M435 which has two sea days, a port day, another sea day, and then a sea day before the return to Soton.  I'm guessing that the formal nights would be on sea days, probably omitting either the first or second sea day after embarkation.  Does this seem reasonable?

1 hour ago, WoorimBeachLady said:

Has Cunard sent you a link to “my Cunard”? All the formal night info is in calendar section.

Deposit paid, but still awaiting confirmation with the booking reference I'll need to log in.

• Like 2

We are booked onto Anne’s 2nd cruise next May. The gala dates aren’t yet showing in the calendar in My Cunard. When will those details show?  I’m looking forward to buying more evening gowns and am curious as to what themes will be on our cruise. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TowandaUK said:

We are booked onto Anne’s 2nd cruise next May. The gala dates aren’t yet showing in the calendar in My Cunard. When will those details show?  I’m looking forward to buying more evening gowns and am curious as to what themes will be on our cruise. 

I first learned about most of the 2023 dress code and theme schedules (after the world voyages) being posted in My Cunard during late November last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Re formal nights - Can I ask please if cocktail dress is fine or is long preferable? I have both and we regularly attend black tie events. 

Looking ahead to 2025 and looking at alternatives to Celebrity which is our usual line. It’s my 60th so looking for something special. Thank you. 

Entirely up to you but as a guide, I'm not a dress wearer, and I used to mix'n match with elegant evening trousers and fab top but now. I always go long on Gala nights as it's a pleasure to wear an elegant long dress on a lovely occasion at sea.

At a very rough estimate, I would say fifty percent wear long on our QV trips and when I say long, I don't mean I don't mean ball gown but as you indicate, a 'black tie' dress. 🙂