iLounge

oregand

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to see the price of Apple products for sale on Celebrity (Summit) before sailing?

I'm trying to workout if it is better value to buy in Boston or on the ship. 

Many Thanks

David

They don’t have much inventory, as a general rule. And if you would be lucky enough to find the very same item, you would always save money on the ship, because there is no sales tax.  But they probably would not have the most up-to-date items on the ship.

Just now, Alakegirl said:

They don’t have much inventory, as a general rule. And if you would be lucky enough to find the very same item, you would always save money on the ship, because there is no sales tax.  But they probably would not have the most up-to-date items on the ship.

Thanks Alakegirl,

I'm not too concerned about getting the most up-to-date laptop - just good value if possible. 

D

54 minutes ago, oregand said:

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to see the price of Apple products for sale on Celebrity (Summit) before sailing?

I'm trying to workout if it is better value to buy in Boston or on the ship. 

Many Thanks

David

On the Beyond, the prices on the Apple MacBooks were identical to those in the Apple Store.  They had the latest version as well as the previous version.  Both were available as there were 3 of each on the shelf. .  There were no gift card promotion.  You would save on sales tax.  

The only time is ever buy anything in the Apple Store on board is if I have a ton of OBC to burn through. Most of the time it’s the same, just no tax (Although I did pick up two Apple Watches at half price at the resumption of cruising because they were 2 versions behind)  

44 minutes ago, oregand said:

Thank you for your suggestion, however it is specifically a Mac I am looking for.

In Boston there are  Apple Stores. Possibly ti would be a better deal than in Ireland. I have no idea what they cost there. At Best Buy. Best Buy has the same prices as the Apple Store except they sometimes have discounts. So if your timing was lucky you might get a better price than the Apple Store. 

1 hour ago, oregand said:

Thanks Alakegirl,

I'm not too concerned about getting the most up-to-date laptop - just good value if possible. 

The best value Mac laptop to get for normal use is the M2 MacBook Air. The older M1 MacBook Air is also a good value and are still sold ata  lower price. If they have either of those onboard either would be good to buy but the price will be the same as the US Apple Store. 

Edited by Charles4515

f you were on Summit today the M! MacBook Air would be $999. No sales tax if they had it in stock. At an Apple Store in Boston $999 plus 6.25% sales tax. At a Best Buy if you were in Boston today it is on sale for $749 plus the sales tax. But it may not be on sale when you are in Boston.. 

Edited by Charles4515

32 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

In Boston there are  Apple Stores. Possibly ti would be a better deal than in Ireland. I have no idea what they cost there. At Best Buy. Best Buy has the same prices as the Apple Store except they sometimes have discounts. So if your timing was lucky you might get a better price than the Apple Store. 

That's really good to know. 

It's the difference in the US dollar from Euro that makes it better to buy in Boston than Ireland. 

I will look up Best Buy now.