Included Coffee

Natros

17 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

I'm definitly NOT a 'coffee snob' ( I love the ledo deck buffet coffee) But, I DO like it HOT about 190-200 degrees F. Lukewarm coffee( tome) is like a coffee milk shake. Yuck !!🥵

Mac

Hot is good (actually it is assumed)

1 hour ago, davy jones said:

Hot is good (actually it is assumed)

You'd think soooo and I agree w/you. But you'd be surprised at the times we got 75 degree coffee at the breakfast buffet.😨 I even started bringing instant coffee with me (because the Ledo water tap, which I guess is meant to be used for hot tea was VERY hot) finally would give me hot enough coffee to drink. Hard core coffee addicts would ask me, "How can you drink 'instant sludge'. I'd tell them, ' If I have to do that to get HOT coffee to drink it's worth it, to me. Any coffee is better than NO coffee. (IMHO)

Mac

19 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

I'm definitly NOT a 'coffee snob' ( I love the ledo deck buffet coffee) But, I DO like it HOT about 190-200 degrees F. Lukewarm coffee( tome) is like a coffee milk shake. Yuck !!🥵

Mac

Coffee that hot can cause second degree burns, and I would guess that most food service establishments would never knowingly serve coffee that hot.  

Remember the lady that got millions of dollars from McDonald's because she burned herself with their coffee? That's the temperature range her coffee was at. 

2 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Coffee that hot can cause second degree burns, and I would guess that most food service establishments would never knowingly serve coffee that hot.  

Remember the lady that got millions of dollars from McDonald's because she burned herself with their coffee? That's the temperature range her coffee was at. 

Oh, I know Stac, all I can say is, 'Thank goodness, for microwaves!' That's what I use at homes to warm my just brewed Keurig coffee to my microwave for 45sec/ 1min. That's just the right temperature range for my coffee. :))

Mac

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2023 at 1:54 AM, knagl said:

I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but my husband is. On our cruise on the Spirit last year, he really liked the coffee from one of the machines at the lido buffet. They seemed to have two different styles of machines on the lido deck (one had beans visible in an enclosure at the top of the machine, and the other didn't have that enclosure), and he strongly preferred the coffee from one of the machines over the others. It might be worth trying a couple of different machines to see if one brews more to your liking.

Yes,  Vista did have the machine with the beans at the top on the Lido.  I saw them empty the grinds from the bottom.  That coffee was fine.

1 hour ago, happy cruzer said:

Yes,  Vista did have the machine with the beans at the top on the Lido.  I saw them empty the grinds from the bottom.  That coffee was fine.

I agree - Those new machines with the beans on top do a much better job than the older machines on older ships that use the bag of liquid concentrate. The lido coffee on Mardi Gras was just fine.

Although if you want the specialty coffees - i.e. capachino, machiato, etc..., Java Blue is the place to go.

On 8/22/2023 at 11:46 AM, cooncat_mom said:

On my daughter's cruise (which she is NOT taking me on 😳! 😆)  it's an unlimited Starbucks coffee card and costs $62. I can drink $62 worth of coffee!

Is that $62 a day?  Or $62 for the whole cruise?

On 9/19/2023 at 3:58 PM, Drew B 58 said:

Is that $62 a day?  Or $62 for the whole cruise?

I’m sorry - I double checked with my daughter - for one week of the unlimited Starbucks Package it’s $109 for the week. She and I are doing a 4 day/5 night NCL cruise and THAT one is $62!  It says it works out to $12.95 a day per person.    

5 minutes ago, cooncat_mom said:

I’m sorry - I double checked with my daughter - for one week of the unlimited Starbucks Package it’s $109 for the week. She and I are doing a 4 day/5 night NCL cruise and THAT one is $62!  It says it works out to $12.95 a day per person.    

Phew!  I thought $62 per day was insane!  $12.95 makes more sense.

On 8/20/2023 at 5:10 PM, Natros said:

We sailed a few times on Carnival many years ago and the coffee was not that great. I don’t drink, but I consume a lot of Coffee. We took a cruise on Royal Carribean and the free coffee was great. Which made me wonder if Carnival had changed to a better drip coffee?

The room serve coffee and the dining room coffee is good! I order coffee every morning. I add a banana for late at night.