Embarkation in Southampton

LLOM

We will be joining silver dawn this Sunday and our embarkation is 2.30pm,  we will be arriving there around 1.30 pm as we are getting a lift to the port, is there anywhere at the port that we can leave our luggage and maybe go for a wander around ? 
Thank you 

There are no facilities at Southampton port where you can drop your luggage unless there are porters available to take your luggage. Also you are scheduled to embark from QEll Terminal which is about a half hour walk into the centre of Southampton

Thank you David63 and Tothesunset  for replying , I didn’t think there would be anywhere but I thought I would just check as we cannot be the only ones travelling some distance and therefore arriving early . David63 l agree with you we had a lovely time especially around the old quarter in Southampton.

Hi, there are always people arriving early (in all the places I have sailed from) and they usually have a seating area for everyone. I am betting there will be plenty of people there at 1:30 and some will already be on the ship😀........maybe I will see you there too!

5 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, there are always people arriving early (in all the places I have sailed from) and they usually have a seating area for everyone. I am betting there will be plenty of people there at 1:30 and some will already be on the ship😀........maybe I will see you there too!

There is very little (virtually none) seating area at QEll Terminal

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

ohhh..........ok....so folks just stand?

That has always been the case with QEll Terminal and is now the "norm" with other terminals. The idea is that you arrive at your designated time and board the ship - and yes we all know, and have de4bated, the practicalities, but that is how it is.

When we boarded  The Dawn at  Southampton in May, we had a Boarding Time of 2-4pm and arrived at 12.15 due to better than expected traffic on M25/M3 ???

We were immediately ushered into The Terminal, Checked In and were on board by 12.40, then able to have a leisurely Drink followed by Lunch in Atlantide. It seems that whilst Information about Boarding Times is still 2-4pm often it is much more flexible. We Boarded at City Terminal and there was plenty of Seating if required.

I hope this helps and you are also fortunate - I am sure you will have a superb Cruise on the lovely Silver Dawn.

Edited by Mayflower1

Thank you all for replying , fingers crossed that we will be able to board when we get there or not have to wait around for any length of time , I am sure we will enjoy the ship and the cruise .

Thank you all once again 

Each time I’ve sailed from Southampton recently, the traffic on entry to the port has been horrendous, partly because of other ships in port, but mostly because it’s not geared up for those numbers boarding. If arriving by Taxi and if you are on a meter, I’d walk the final few hundred yards if you are able to. Fingers crossed that traffic situation has now improved and would be useful for feedback if it’s the same now or improved.

you have three other ships boarding and disembarking on the day and they are biggies!

02B84357-C1FA-4B73-A6E4-E2E3FFF0ED1A.thumb.jpeg.c409a94c4b3adc59907b6ec8161d534c.jpeg

Edited by les37b

7 hours ago, les37b said:

you have three other ships boarding and disembarking on the day and they are biggies!

By today's standards Aurora is considered to be a small ship.

As Silver Dawn is at QEll and there is nothing at Ocean there should not be too much of a traffic problem around the terminal as the other ships will be being accessed via dock gate 10. Walking into QEll with luggage would not be something I would do from choice.

• Like 2

Thank you david63

according to our cruise ticket we are berth 101 city cruise terminal although it does say in  small print that  due to technical/ traffic regulations etc, the local port authorities have the final say as to where it will berth , if it changes I do hope we are informed early enough.

Thankyou 

20 minutes ago, LLOM said:

if it changes I do hope we are informed early enough.

If using a taxi they will know which terminal as long as you say which ship and there are illuminated signs in Southampton giving the current terminals foe each ship that is in port that day.

Thank you nooosey

I checked last night and again this morning and yes it still says QE11 terminal so that’s where we are going to head for, we have booked a taxi to pick us up and drop us of.

I do hope others have checked because we have had no notification of change of berth to what it states on our ticket, fingers crossed cruisemapper is correct !