Carnival Celebration Extended Balcony

Lee Cruiser

12 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I was watching a video for extended balcony cabin 10346 and it has regular chairs on it. Our extended balcony on Mardi Gras had loungers. Is it possible to request loungers? Our plan is to spend a good bit of our time there.

We have had a balcony on another ship that was larger and would accommodate a lounger but only had regular chairs.  I asked our room steward the first day and he was able to have a lounger put on the balcony for us.  

I don't think they would do this for a normal size balcony as there really is not a lot of room, but larger balconies a request doesn't hurt.

14 minutes ago, wemjam said:

We have had a balcony on another ship that was larger and would accommodate a lounger but only had regular chairs.  I asked our room steward the first day and he was able to have a lounger put on the balcony for us.  

I don't think they would do this for a normal size balcony as there really is not a lot of room, but larger balconies a request doesn't hurt.

This is the largest extended balcony on the sides, so plenty of room for loungers

Had an extended balcony - lounger was already there upon arrival. 

Sadly, we literally went out on our balcony twice during our cruise.  There was just too much to do! Made me start considering insides or OV on the larger ships.

7 minutes ago, UGACamper said:

Sadly, we literally went out on our balcony twice during our cruise.  There was just too much to do! Made me start considering insides or OV on the larger ships.

On Mardi Gras they were already out there as well and we spent most of the day out there away from the crowds on the public decks

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UGACamper said:

Thanks for saying this. We just booked an interior and were second guessing if we should keep it or get a balcony ( only have done interior and OV before). Our main argument is that we're never in the room anyway, and we've only been on smaller ships before.

DH and I are on Pride out of Rome this October and I received an upsell from a regular balcony to an extended balcony at the back of the ship.  Since we can bring alcohol onboard at ports, I'm thinking we can relax on our balcony watching the wake with a cocktail.  Asking for a lounger is a great suggestion, so thanks!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 1019throw said:

Thanks for saying this. We just booked an interior and were second guessing if we should keep it or get a balcony ( only have done interior and OV before). Our main argument is that we're never in the room anyway, and we've only been on smaller ships before.

Of course your mileage may vary, but on the mega ships - especially if its your first time on one - I would save that money and definitely do inside or ocean view. 

I stayed in this room back in February. There was not a lounger on the balcony so I called guest services. The lady I spoke to was a female dog and said they were not allowed to bring a lounger to a balcony. I explained that the balconies next to me all had them and she hung up. Asked my room steward and 30 minutes later we had one. So I would think it would still be there?!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 1019throw said:

Just depends on your preferences.

We always get a balcony AFT or near the back - always.

We do spend time on our balcony - especially in the cool mornings, having coffee and a croissant in our own peace and quiet.  Then we get up and go to breakfast.  I'm out there at first light and off and on all day long until we go to bed. It gives me the illusion of seclusion (lol) and since I live somewhere landlocked, it suits my preferences.  

• Like 2