Updated recommendations for car service from JFK into Manhattan?

forshping

We'll be arriving at JFK around 7:30/8:00 pm on a Friday night in early September. Has anyone had any recent issues with either Carmel Limo or Dial 7 being on time for pick up at JFK? A few months ago, several folks reported that their reserved car service was 45-60 minutes behind for pickup. They therefore cancelled and took Uber instead.  Thanks, in advance........

Aloha. Having been born and raised in Manhattan and traveled to and from JFK countless times since the 1906s I would opine that both those companies are reputable and have been around for decades. That said please keep in mind you are arriving on a Friday evening so it depends on weather, traffic and the myriad of conditions that affect NYC. Also the terminal you are arriving in and also the construction going on at JFK. Finally there is general confusion when you get out of the physical terminal and are waiting curbside for pickup so constant communication between you and the driver is necessary. All the best and keep us posted!

3 hours ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha. Having been born and raised in Manhattan and traveled to and from JFK countless times since the 1906s

You must be in very good health to be still travelling  at your age 😲😄

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

You must be in very good health to be still travelling  at your age 😲😄

I am blessed with a phenomenal family and now generally divide my time between NY and Honolulu. Mom is 90 with dementia and has seen the world but sadly doesn’t remember. That said she is cared for now  I am in NY and see her daily. The bucket list is done lol.  As long as family, kids, are ok I am good but Honolulu is my best now. NY is not the same. Too much nonsense sad to say but the kids love it. Thank you for your kind words and I wish you and yours all the best!

2 hours ago, LouChamp said:

I am blessed with a phenomenal family and now generally divide my time between NY and Honolulu. Mom is 90 with dementia

Sorry you did not get it

check your previous post 😉

"Having been born and raised in Manhattan and traveled to and from JFK countless times since the 1906s "

a slow day here just needed some humour  😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Carmel had been our favorite car service for many years when we lived in

Manhattan. Especially going to the airport. (We used public taxis which have fixed rates 

when returning from JFK.) We even used Carmel when moving to Virginia.

Harry

As a long-time Manhattanite I would suggest simply getting on the taxi line (assuming you are going to NYC).  No hassles finding your driver.  Some terminals (Delta, for one) have the taxi lines indoors, and there is a dispatcher to direct you to a cab when it is your turn. Fares to Manhattan are set, tip and tolls are extra. There are several different models of cabs - sedans, small SUV's and large SUV's - if you have a hard time climbing into a higher car ask the dispatcher for a lower one.  I have not had a wait at JFK in the last few years, but weather could mean cab shortages anywhere.