Ultimate dining package ins and outs

We have the ultimate dining package on our next 8 night cruise and would like any helpful tips from the experts.  Can this be used in other locations than the main specialty restaurants like Vintages, Johnny Rockets, the English pub, etc?

2 hours ago, Parkhopper said:

We have the ultimate dining package on our next 8 night cruise and would like any helpful tips from the experts.  Can this be used in other locations than the main specialty restaurants like Vintages, Johnny Rockets, the English pub, etc?

Ship?

It really depends on the ship, but the standards: Chops, Giovanni's, Izumi, Hooked all are included.  Izumi and Hooked are an "allowance" for your meal.  On the Navi it was pick one from column A, two from Column B, and a dessert last year in Izumi. Hooked was a $$ allowance.

On my next cruise on the Freedom, I understand Vintages is included with the "allowance" toward food.

UDP is good for any specialty restaurant lunch open on sea days.

It's best to pre-plan your reservations and do them all at once on Day 1.  

In the Cruise Planner for your cruise, you can see which restaurant(s) are open on Day 1 and sea days for lunch.  Day 1 I always reserve and pay in advance for lunch, then have them credit it back to my account when they see I have the UDP.  Sea Days you can reserve on Day 1 on the ship with your UDP.  

Our plan on the Freedom next month:

Day 1 reserved lunch at Giovanni’s: get credit back, and make ressies for other dinners/lunch

Day 1 - reserved Giovanni's for dinner at 5:30pm.

BOOK:

Day 2 - Chops for dinner

Day 3 - Izumi for dinner

Day 4 - Chops for lunch

Day 4 - Giovanni's for dinner

Day 5 - Izumi or Chops for dinner?

Snacks or lunch substitute:  Vintages tapas,  Check hours. Use drink e-coupons for wine

Edited by pcur

We did UDP last year for the first time.  We did all of our dinner reservations the first day and had no problem getting what we wanted, but did have to adjust some of the times.  They book up fast!  What we didn't know to do was make lunch reservations on sea days.  Even though the restaurants were not full, we couldn't just walk into Chops and eat lunch.  

We also used the discount on chef's table and really enjoyed it.  Make sure to try Wonderland.  We weren't sure from looking at the menu, but we liked it.  The hibachi grill will book up quickly so make sure if that is something you want you book it first.  We never thought we would like all the specialty dining as much as we did.  We are not usually "foodies" but the difference in the experience and service was worth it to us. 

7 hours ago, Parkhopper said:

Sorry.  Harmony

We have UDP in November planning to do

jamies 

wonderland

chops

habatchi

( I don’t care for 150cp but most seem to love it)

you can also eat lunch in many of them on sea days 

Harmony has JR but no Playmakers. Izumi/Hibachi has lunch offerings on sea days. If it is your first time, do them all. I prefer 150 CP to Chops but on an 8N, you can try them all and possibly not have to do doubles. Be advise that Hibachi is a $15-20 upcharge on top of the already paid UDP price and it has to be booked through Izumi and no other kiosk. Unless you are D or staying in a suite, then the concierge can help.