Iona Fjords 16th Sept - No timings??

CocktailPrincess

This is my first cruise with P&O and only my second cruise ever.

I have planned out all the things I want to do on port days and they are all with third party company's, however with only 19 days till departure there are still no timings for arrival/departure of our port days, without this information I cannot book anything. 

I'm sad as one we wanted to do, has now sold out.

I've tried contacting P&O, it takes days and days for a response and is always the same-  just check your itinerary on my cruise, but there is no information.

(we also wanted to know which theme nights there would be- as it just says a general note on 'my cruise' about tropical/black& white/70's/80s etc, but I know it wouldn't be all of them and want to pack accordingly-  again told to look on itinerary, but there is nothing there)

Hoping someone can help me out

thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, CocktailPrincess said:

This is my first cruise with P&O and only my second cruise ever.

I have planned out all the things I want to do on port days and they are all with third party company's, however with only 19 days till departure there are still no timings for arrival/departure of our port days, without this information I cannot book anything. 

I'm sad as one we wanted to do, has now sold out.

I've tried contacting P&O, it takes days and days for a response and is always the same-  just check your itinerary on my cruise, but there is no information.

(we also wanted to know which theme nights there would be- as it just says a general note on 'my cruise' about tropical/black& white/70's/80s etc, but I know it wouldn't be all of them and want to pack accordingly-  again told to look on itinerary, but there is nothing there)

Hoping someone can help me out

thanks in advance

Most third party companies offering to collect cruise passengers will know the ship arrival and departure times themselves from the port schedule. So if you e-mail them your cruise ship details they will be able to tell you the time they will pick you up.

6 minutes ago, CocktailPrincess said:

Thank you, I will try that with one.

The others involved us getting a taxi or a bus to the place we wanted to go.... So I don't know what to do on these.

So weird that they know the times, but p&o...won't tell us!

If you E-mail P&O they will provide the times, but it's unlikely you would get a reply in time.

However if you google the cruise terminal for all the ports you are visiting, you should be able to see the schedules for the day you are in that port, and that will have arrival and departure times.

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

If you E-mail P&O they will provide the times, but it's unlikely you would get a reply in time.

However if you google the cruise terminal for all the ports you are visiting, you should be able to see the schedules for the day you are in that port, and that will have arrival and departure times.

I have had a google, do you recommend any sites?  They all seem a bit hard to navigate, or lacking in much information.

Best seems to be cruisedig.com but even that has no further information on times for Iona, even for dockings this week, under times its just got n/a.

Just now, CocktailPrincess said:

thanks, but all is says for Iona, is morning arrival - afternoon departure...lol

not helpful when trying to book things

or early morning - early afternoon, or morning to early evening, but what i class as early evening might not be the same as them... I am getting so stressed out 

11 minutes ago, CocktailPrincess said:

or early morning - early afternoon, or morning to early evening, but what i class as early evening might not be the same as them... I am getting so stressed out 

Email port authorities

3 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

Ive checked for Olden, arrives at 9am leaves at 6pm.  Stavanger 8.30 - 5pm, Hellisylt 7 - 4.30, Haugesund will probably be 9am arrival and leave 4.30.  

thank you so much for taking the extra time to help me- where and how did you find this??  do you have a link?

although is this actually for Iona departing 16th Sept? as we aren't going to Hellisylt , we are going to Alesund

It was on the whatinport website, dropdown box for Norway then click on the town and then it says cruise calendar for this port the information is there usually date order and details each ship in port.  It's also useful to check if there are any other ships in port when your ship is in.  You can then see how busy it will be.

Oh I didn't realise it was Alesund in place of hellisylt.  We were on Aurora last week and our timing for Alesund was 7am - 5pm.  Will be similar to those times, also Aida Nova is in Alesund the same day.

According to the port website Alesund.havn.no you are in port 8am to 6pm on 20th September. The port websites generally have more uptodate information than the generic websites like cruisedig and whatsinport - though it takes longer to find each port website. For Norway if you search for “port name” then “havn” - the port website will usually come up! 

2 hours ago, CocktailPrincess said:

I have had a google, do you recommend any sites?  They all seem a bit hard to navigate, or lacking in much information.

Best seems to be cruisedig.com but even that has no further information on times for Iona, even for dockings this week, under times its just got n/a.

You are better looking at each actual port websire,  then looking for cruise ship schedules.

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You are better looking at each actual port websire,  then looking for cruise ship schedules.

I tried to find them, Google seems to show so many sites and none look that official .. I have  thought maybe marinetraffic.com, but that only shows past and today's arrivals.

Am I being totally dense, I am searching 'olden port schedule' alesund port schedule' etc

15 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

According to the port website Alesund.havn.no you are in port 8am to 6pm on 20th September. The port websites generally have more uptodate information than the generic websites like cruisedig and whatsinport - though it takes longer to find each port website. For Norway if you search for “port name” then “havn” - the port website will usually come up! 

Omg! Thanks so much.... That word 'havn' was the missing link

So thankful to everyone's help, but especially @Spike11 adding the word Havn, was a game changer, i now have exact times for each port- Thank You.

Do you know how long after docking you can usual get off the ship? do you get given specific times, or can everyone try and the same time- which i imagine would take some time?

17 minutes ago, CocktailPrincess said:

So thankful to everyone's help, but especially @Spike11 adding the word Havn, was a game changer, i now have exact times for each port- Thank You.

Do you know how long after docking you can usual get off the ship? do you get given specific times, or can everyone try and the same time- which i imagine would take some time?

After you arrive in port, it is usually around 30 minutes before you can get off. An announcement will be made telling you which gangways are open. It’s then usually a free for all, but the docking times are usually early morning when a lot of people are still having breakfast (or are still in bed) so there isn’t generally much of a queue. Different if you are docking late morning or afternoon. Back on board time is usually around 30 minutes before you are due to leave - again you will be told this on the day (and also in the horizon newspaper you get the evening before).

For future reference, P&O will give you the specific times they expect to be in port via email but only if you explicitly ask for exact times, otherwise they just resend the same vague descriptions. Sticking in some kind of acknowledgement that you know they're subject to change seems to help too. They take aaaaaaages to reply though.I'm glad you've been able to find the info you need one way or another!

On 8/29/2023 at 8:42 AM, Selbourne said:

If this helps, we were on Iona last week and our scheduled port times were;

Stavanger 0830-1630

Olden 0900-1730

Hellesylt 0700-1600

Haugesund 0900-1630

The word ‘scheduled’ is a key one. Delays can easily happen for a multitude of reasons which may be why P&O seem reluctant to give specific timings. 

19 minutes ago, pete14 said:

The word ‘scheduled’ is a key one. Delays can easily happen for a multitude of reasons which may be why P&O seem reluctant to give specific timings. 

I understand that, but the times I quoted were from the Horizon schedules the night before we docked in those ports and in reality were pretty accurate - probably more so than port schedules published months in advance. 

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

I understand that, but the times I quoted were from the Horizon schedules the night before we docked in those ports and in reality were pretty accurate - probably more so than port schedules published months in advance. 

I don’t disagree with that but a lot can happen, especially weather wise, between printing Horizon and arriving in port.