embarkation times?

mosiegirl

1 hour ago, indstate3333 said:

MSC and other cruise lines have embarkation times for a reason…if every passenger would arrive closer to their scheduled time…there would be less congestion.  

MSC does things quite a bit differently.  Assigned embarkation times are a moving target with them, at best.  They typically have everyone at a later time, and as the sailing gets closer, they often change people's times.  As an example, we were in Yacht Club on Meraviglia in October.  We were originally assigned 3:00 p.m., then 2:00, then 1:00.  Finally, teh week of our sailing, we were assigned 10:30 a.m.

2 hours ago, indstate3333 said:

MSC and other cruise lines have embarkation times for a reason…if every passenger would arrive closer to their scheduled time…there would be less congestion.  

If MSC respected their customers and let them pick a time the customers may try to respect MSC too and arrive closer to the time.

(I understand that not everyone can get the time they want but they could still ask.)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

If MSC respected their customers and let them pick a time the customers may try to respect MSC too and arrive closer to the time.

(I understand that not everyone can get the time they want but they could still ask.)

I understand what you are saying.  I think a majority of passengers want to be the first ones on the ship.  I am not sure how MSC determines who gets which time.  I know other lines have an online check-in process.  Whoever checks in first gets to pick their time.  There are only so many slots for 10, 1030, 11, etc….

9 hours ago, indstate3333 said:

I understand what you are saying.  I think a majority of passengers want to be the first ones on the ship.  I am not sure how MSC determines who gets which time.  I know other lines have an online check-in process.  Whoever checks in first gets to pick their time.  There are only so many slots for 10, 1030, 11, etc….

They can do what other cruiselines do, ask. Lots of people wants to board early but a few don't so they could then pick a late time.

Since they normally don't enforce the time it's not a problem but if they did...

19 hours ago, JAGR said:

MSC does things quite a bit differently. ... As an example, we were in Yacht Club on Meraviglia in October.  We were originally assigned 3:00 p.m., then 2:00, then 1:00.  Finally, teh week of our sailing, we were assigned 10:30 a.m.

Had the same experience on Meraviglia, 7 different boarding times, sometimes only 30-minute change. The earliest was 9:30a which the ship would not have cleared by then and the latest was 3p for a 3p sailing time.