ArriveCan

DaveOKC

4 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

@DaveOKC  Do be aware that the number of Covid cases on cruise ships are increasing (at least those RT Seattle).  There were 23 Covid cases on the Solstice, and 12 on the Ovation 9/1/23.  There also has been a noticeable increase of passengers wearing masks during the check-in process.

I think they are increasing everywhere (and I think the numbers are under reported). I work at a college and I know several with it right now as well.

I did ArriveCan in May just in case and no one asked for it and it didn't speed anything up from what I could tell (I didn't mention I had it). I embarked in Vancouver and flew into Vancouver.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

@DaveOKC  Do be aware that the number of Covid cases on cruise ships are increasing (at least those RT Seattle).  There were 23 Covid cases on the Solstice, and 12 on the Ovation 9/1/23.  There also has been a noticeable increase of passengers wearing masks during the check-in process.

BTW - I just wanted to let you know I appreciate your reports "from the pier" and your posts on this board.

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2023 at 10:03 AM, Ferry_Watcher said:

Yes, we were on the Solstice 9/1 return to Seattle and by the time we landed home in Orlando my husband (and many others on our plane) was coughing almost nonstop. He's got covid and so far tests are showing I don't. Not what I had on my post cruise bingo card for sure! (we got booster shots a month before we went)

Also adding my thanks to @Ferry_Watcher for so many great suggestions re: Seattle. We went 2 days before the cruise and saw a lot and totally enjoyed ourselves. I wondered if I walked by you at the terminal. Everyone was really friendly and welcoming. It was the quickest cruise arrival experience we've ever had! Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, eyecantwait said:

. I wondered if I walked by you at the terminal. Everyone was really friendly and welcoming. It was the quickest cruise arrival experience we've ever had! Thanks!

I would have been there - upstairs.  So happy that enjoyed your pre-cruise visit to Seattle and that the check-in was efficient and friendly.  It is a really good group of people who work at Pier 91.  Since we are a seasonal port, we have a nice mix of older retirees, college and HS kids, and other working adults like teachers who have the summer off.  

Another fun fact is that Royal and Celebrity share the same check-in system, and it is really a dream to work with.  And if passengers have completely done their online check-in, it super fast.  It was developed during the pandemic shutdown, and when we returned to that first half season (July 2021), we were trained on the new system.  Management also appreciates that they can move staff between Royal and Celebrity as we can check-in passengers for either cruise ship.

I appreciate hearing that everything went well for you - Thank you!

• Like 2

On 9/3/2023 at 6:27 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

I would have been there - upstairs.  So happy that enjoyed your pre-cruise visit to Seattle and that the check-in was efficient and friendly.  It is a really good group of people who work at Pier 91.  Since we are a seasonal port, we have a nice mix of older retirees, college and HS kids, and other working adults like teachers who have the summer off.  

Another fun fact is that Royal and Celebrity share the same check-in system, and it is really a dream to work with.  And if passengers have completely done their online check-in, it super fast.  It was developed during the pandemic shutdown, and when we returned to that first half season (July 2021), we were trained on the new system.  Management also appreciates that they can move staff between Royal and Celebrity as we can check-in passengers for either cruise ship.

I appreciate hearing that everything went well for you - Thank you!

Yes it was delightfully fast check in!

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 7:44 AM, DaveOKC said:

Do we still need to use this for Vancouver airport arrival and Alaska cruise?

Thank goodness that ridiculousness is no longer required.  

On 9/3/2023 at 3:27 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

I would have been there - upstairs.  So happy that enjoyed your pre-cruise visit to Seattle and that the check-in was efficient and friendly.  It is a really good group of people who work at Pier 91. 

Agreed!  I have nothing but praise for you and your coworkers at Pier 91.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Aquahound said:

Agreed!  I have nothing but praise for you and your coworkers at Pier 91.  

Thank you, you are so kind!

It's fun working at a seasonal port.  Next week we will begin to say good-bye to our ships as they transition from the Alaskan sailings to other ports (Australia, Asia, Mexico/South America).  It's been a great season.  While this season isn't over yet, I am already beginning to miss it, and I am already looking forward to the 2024 season.

• Like 2