Live from the Pride Greenland and Canada…and a little dance with Idalia

jimbo5544

Some bouncing around last night, nothing terrible.  Kept a heading of due west at 20 knots.  At some point made a turn to the south and cut the speed down to 10 knots.  In following seas this morning, pretty big rollers, guess at 12 to 15 feet.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

This little lady was waiting for us.  

IMG_6851.jpeg

Now that is a new one for me.  Very cute.  After 7 days on my 21 day Pride cruise in May I asked my steward to stop making the towel animals because it was taking up too much room.  He seemed pretty happy to comply.

• Haha 2

Debark was easy peasy.  Uber driver not so much.  Easy check in at BWI.  When we got to gate they was an Honor flight foe Veta coing in to go to SC. Extremely impressive.  Everyone cheering and applauding as they came off plane.  

IMG_6864.jpeg

• Like 5

Wow, by far, one of the most interesting cruises we have EVER been on.  For us, and perhaps the vast majority of people on the ship THE reason for the trip was Greenland.  The rest was fluff.  Days before, we began watching the antics in the Caribbean (hurricane).  At the time, while there were 3 brewing and one of concern.  Wow was that an understatement 😱.  

So it was known, and we were concerned, but it is what it is.  We ended up rerouting in the beginning and in the end.  I am pretty sure the Captain will not forget this cruise for a long time also.  I do not think I have ever been on a ship when the Captain came on with announcements the ship went silent.  

Where to start, where to start…..let’s start with the ship.

• Like 2

We have sailed Carnival a LOT for a long time, having sailed on every class (they have now anyways) they sail.  We love the Spirit class, she is a remarkable class of ships.  Every time I sail on one, I get an ache that someday, there will not ba a funnel ship of this class sailing.  We also love 4th floor Vista Suites.    Def on the top 3 of our fav types of rooms.  That said, on this particular cruise there was probably a little more bouncing (due to weather) which made it …… a little more interesting.  

Dining

One dining room has its advantages and disadvantages. One evening as Ken was making his rounds during our late seating dining, we ended up having a good conversation on the dining time change (moving both earlier in times, I think for the two Greenland Journey cruises only).  I asked if it was an experiment, and he said no.  The reason was totally driven by the VAST majority of cruisers wanting early dining (more on the clientele for this particular Journey later).  To be honest, as we have gotten older, we moved our desired time from late to early for a couple of reasons, the primary have to do with digestion.  

• Like 2

As most know, Spirit class utilize upper level for any time dining.  Not our thing (maybe a caveat here for Excel class ships….but that is another story) and during our dining time, looked half full from my vantage point.  Due to where our room was, when we headed down to Alchemy (quick two flights down) the wait to be seated on 3 (around 6 or so) was significant.  Pet peeve, use the app istead of just waiting at the door and the stairs are not seats….  

• Like 2

Food was good, some new apps were better.  On a more general note, I have strong hopes for a big refresh with the tie to Emeril, we will see.  The absolute home run was the invite for Dining Al Fresco.  This was an invite (not sure of the logic used to be honest) where we dined on Lido.  They blocked off an area around the main pool, the weather was not an issue.  White glove service (with table cloths) and a really nice meal.  

Later in the cruise we again talked to Ken about this.  Gave him our thoughts and he appreciated the positive feedback.  A GREAT addition.  If you go on a Journey and can do it DO IT.

• Like 2