Live from the Pride Greenland and Canada…and a little dance with Idalia

jimbo5544

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from jimbo5544! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

jimbo5544 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Thois trip started over a year ago when we saw the first Greenland cruise and hesitated and missed the opportunity.  When we heard they were adding a second sailing, we jumped and booked.  We were able to snag our fav room on this class of ship, 4th floor Vista suite.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Come join us as we check off another couple of items on our bucket list on a trip filled year.  This time to Greeland and parts of Canada we have never been to.  

I just got back from Legend's August Greenland trip, it was unbelievable.  We were blessed with fairly calm seas for nearly the entire trip, right now it appears that might not be the case for the upcoming sailing.

Hopefully Carnival gets some of the kinks worked out for subsequent trips, for instance we waited in line to get on a water shuttle coming back to the ship for an hour and ten minutes in Nanortalik and fifty five minutes in St. Anthony.

Edited by groundloop
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lazydayz said:

Looking forward to another of your live trip reports.  We were scheduled to go on this one, but dropped it in favor of Iceland (which was fantastic).  Hope you have a great cruise! 

Thanks!  Glad you had a wonderful cruise.  Iceland is on our short to do cruise list.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey Jimbo! We're looking forward to this one. We will be doing the same cruise next September on the Pride! :classic_cool:

Hey Jeff, thanks for coming along for the ride.  As always, ask away if you have any questions

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, groundloop said:

I just got back from Legend's August Greenland trip, it was unbelievable.  We were blessed with fairly calm seas for nearly the entire trip, right now it appears that might not be the case for the upcoming sailing.

Hopefully Carnival gets some of the kinks worked out for subsequent trips, for instance we waited in line to get on a water shuttle coming back to the ship for an hour and ten minutes in Nanortalik and fifty five minutes in St. Anthony.

We can only hope for the seas you encountered, but it is what it is.  Echo your thoughts on working out the kinks.

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

Following along, this is going to be a great adventure!! Thanks for taking the time to do it. 

My pleasure, thanks for coming along for the journey.  It will def be an adventure.

Some may remember, last year we did the Pride out of Rome, and as we left, Ian decided to stop in to our home town, and leave destruction, desolation and despair for us as gifts when we returned.  We are still living that dream, but that was another story.  Here it is a year later and as we are getting ready to depart on this journey, another storm with the same starting initial name (Idalia) was coming along the same path….. in the words of one of my fav TV shows as a kid.  RUH RO.  

This time however, lady luck had her skid on by with just a deflecting blow….phew.  She wizzed on path and took a right turn in NC, she may well swing back, but that part is yet to be decided.  

We live in Ft Myers but summer in CT and NY to see our five kids and fifteen grandkids, this year was no exception.  Originally our plans were to drive back to Ft Myers and stop along the way of that journey and do this cruise and then continue our ride home.  For a whole load of reasons, those plans changed and we are flying back.  Can that plan, take two.  We decided to fly from Hartford to BWI, stay over, cruise, fly back to Hartford spend a couple of days then fly to Ft Myers.  Those plans changed a little when the kids gave me tickets for the Eagles Long Farewell tour in Long Island (my fav band) so we extended to the trip home a couple more days….  But I digress.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Here is the projected current track of Idalia. This has changed multiple times in the last 36 hours.

image.png

I also will be following along, as I was booked on this cruise, but canceled it awhile back, as I booked it later on, and the most interesting and affordable excursions had already been booked. (Will book earlier next time!) I was hoping this cruise would have been on the Pride, as I had already sailed on the Legend (as well as the Spirit, and the Miracle). So, you are going on the Legend, right?! Happy cruising!