Is HAL offering shuttles at Stockholm and Copenhagen ports?

azalice

Does anyone know if HAL is offering shuttles at their Baltic cruise ports of Stockholm and Copenhagen? Going in September this year on 14 Day HAL Jewels of the Baltic and would like to just get transportation into those cities and then do our own touring/ visiting.

I'm pretty sure there is no HAL shuttle bus in Copenhagen - there is a public bus from Oceankaj cruise terminal to Orientkaj Metro Station (bus 25 or 164) - from there Metro to the center - total og 30 minutes).
Price is DKK 24 for a single ticket - can be bought on the bus for cash or in a kiosk at the bus stop. If mobile phone also in DOT ticket app

Where is your port for Stockholm?

If it's Nynashamn, that's about 40 miles from Stockholm, about an hour by road or rail. Cruise lines should (& usually do) mention Nynashamn - "Stockholm (Nnashamn)" or similar.

Cruise lines usually offer a payable "Stockholm on your own" transfer option, not a shuttle.

If your port is Stadsgarden, that's in the city centre - hop-on boats & buses etc, no need for a shuttle.

Or Frihamnen is also in the city but needs a bus or taxi for the 2 to 3 miles to the centre. Or ship's shuttle if one is provided, but since the Vasa ship/museum can have long lines later in the day and is close to the route from Frihamnen it would make sense to go there first. Then you can take a local bus or ho-ho bus or ho-ho boat from Vasa to the Stockholm's historic centre of Gamla Stan. 

Nynashamn is on the coast, but for berths in Stockholm you have a glorious 4 to 5 hour sail in / out thro the archipelago  of islands - so close you feel you could reach out from your balcony and touch the trees 🙂

--------------------------------

For Copenhagen most ships berth at the new Oceankaj terminal on the city outskirts. I don't know whether HAL provide a shuttle, we've not sailed into that new  terminal, @hallasm has.

Some ships still berth at Langelinie, near the "Little Mermaid" (more accurately the "Very Little Mermaid"). Ho-ho buses call there, doubtless other transportation too, but do consider the very attractive 1 1/2 mile walk along the waterfront past the Little Mermaid and Amalienborg palace to the little harbour of Nyhavn

JB 🙂

Edited by John Bull
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, John Bull said:

Some ships still berth at Langelinie,

It will increase the quality of answers if posters indicated ship and date - there are as mentioned by @John Bull several options both in Copenhagen and Stockholm.

You’re right - majority of cruise ships dock at Oceankaj - few at Langelinie.

Do not know which ship but just checked HAL ships during September -  Nieuw Statendam docks at Oceankaj while Rotterdam docks at Langelinie. 

2 hours ago, Desdichado62 said:

Ship will berth at Stadsgården S167 in Stockholm, but will only be in port for 5 hours.

Stadsgården Is in the city center. It is across the bridge from Gamla Stan and the ferry dock for the ferry to the museum island for Vasa and Abba museums.

3 hours ago, Desdichado62 said:

Ship will berth at Stadsgården S167 in Stockholm, but will only be in port for 5 hours.

The Rotterdam arrives on Sunday 1st October at 8am and departs at 6pm on Monday 2nd October.  (OP mentioned September, because the cruise embarks on 23rd September).

16 hours ago, azalice said:

Does anyone know if HAL is offering shuttles at their Baltic cruise ports of Stockholm and Copenhagen?

I doubt that there will be shuttles as both docks are very close to the city.  In Stockholm we dock at Stadsgarden, which is a short walk to Gamla Stan.  In Copenhagen we dock at Langelinie (not Oceankaj), and it is served by HO HO bus (red sight seeing).

The only port I expect a shuttle is Talinn (provided by port €10 return) but it is only a  short walk to the centre.

5 hours ago, Desdichado62 said:

Prior to 10 am the HOHO ships used to run directly to Vassa from S167 (there's a painted line you walk from where your ship docks directly to where the HOHO boats are).  If you can exit the ship quickly, it was. a very quick, lovely ride and we were able to get there before it got crowded.  With only 5 hours, you will need to choose exactly where you want to go in Stockholm.  We primarily used public transport which was excellent, but lost a little time finding the tram/subway/bus stops and waiting for transportation (they used to sell one ride HOHO boat tickets, so we just did one ride to Vassa and also one ride from Galma Stan back to the port because I was starting to feel sick since I didn't realize I was pregnant yet on that trip.  Unfortunately, the one ride tickets are now discontinued but the HOHo boat is included in the Stockholm pass if you are visiting a lot of expensive museums).  

Edited by kitkat343

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

The Rotterdam arrives on Sunday 1st October at 8am and departs at 6pm on Monday 2nd October.  (OP mentioned September, because the cruise embarks on 23rd September).

Yes I looked at the same call,  saw 10.05 and 15.15 but didnt look at the dragonborn date.