bottled water

Kitty Ellas Mom

Very basic question:  it's my first cruise, on Caribbean Princess.  I always carry a bottled water with me (or some kind of water container).  I have the Plus package, I think (perk from my travel agent, I can't remember the specifics).  Will I be able to tell my steward to stock me up with bottled water?  Or is bottled water no longer on Princess ships?  I remember hearing something about a cruise line not having it but can't remember which one. Thanks for any advice.  I am all for refillable bottles but am loathe to use anything like a water fountain b/c of germs.

• Like 1

You can get small (500ml) bottles of water included in the Plus package, still or sparkling. I don't think the larger bottles are included, but since the smaller bottles are unlimited I don't suppose it matters. We tend to pick up two bottles of still water on our way back to the cabin each evening for the next day.

500ml bottles of water are included with the Plus Package.  Ships also carry 1.5 liters bottles of water which cost $5.00 and aren't included with any package.  Room steward will not refill your cabin with bottled water.  You will have to get it yourself at a bar or the International Café.  I've ordered 5 bottles  at a time under the drink package to bring to my cabin and the bartenders don't have a problem.

41 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

500ml bottles of water are included with the Plus Package.  Ships also carry 1.5 liters bottles of water which cost $5.00 and aren't included with any package.  Room steward will not refill your cabin with bottled water.  You will have to get it yourself at a bar or the International Café.  I've ordered 5 bottles  at a time under the drink package to bring to my cabin and the bartenders don't have a problem.

This is also my experience.  We often would order in quantity (ie. 3 beer & 2 water each), to take to the room. Never an issue.

Guest Snaxmuppet

I just order a bottle at any of the bars as I go throughout the day. No need to carry them around or go back to the room to get one. 

@Kitty Ellas Mom we always pre-purchase a 12 pack of water through the personalizer for $7.08 so that we will not have to go searching the ship for single bottles of water to carry. It's one of the best deals on the ship. It *should* be waiting for you in your cabin when you first arrive. If not, just mention it to your steward and he/she will bring it. 

• Like 4

No, your room steward will not stock your cabin with bottled water 

You can get as many 500ml bottles of water you want at any bar - pick one or two up on your way to the cabin, etc.

Or, order a bottle or three to your cabin via room service, whether by phone or app - as you have Plus (presumably), room service delivery and Ocean Now ordering are included (presuming you purchased after Dec 14, 2022.).

6 hours ago, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

Or is bottled water no longer on Princess ships?  I remember hearing something about a cruise line not having it but can't remember which one. 

Holland America has water available on board in an aluminum can.

Though that can vary based on availability--last month on one of their ships, water was available in plastic bottles.