Canceled cruise

DEBCAT65

21 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You can claim losses. If the cruise like gives a 100% refund, there is no loss. Travel interruption would cover air fare, but most policies have a very low coverage, so you would have to go directly to the cruise line for reimbursement. 

Only if cancellation by provider is a covered reason. I have not seen that, but there is a lot of variation among policies. It depends on whether it is listed as a covered reason under Trip Interruption.

In that case, the benefit in standard travel insurance is capped at 100% to 150% of the trip cost depending on the policy. If indeed it is covered, that would be plenty since the cruise line is refunding the cost of the cruise. Credit card insurance covers only change fees, not the cost of a new ticket.

Edited by Babr

• 11 months later...

Hi, we were on that cruise. The only thing that I am frustrated about is the increase on cost of the cruise. 

While we were on board arranging our transportation home we also booked the same cruise for the next year. The same cabins and the same week. So you would think the future cruise credits they gave us would cover it. NO IT DID NOT. The prices had increased for the next year and cost us almost double what it did to book in 2023. Ok all in all we booked it. Now I'm seeing threads about the ship having the same issue the next May 2024! Have they fixed this problem????

• Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 10:33 AM, yogimax said:

Seriously, what is the cost to RCCL to give C&A points?

When our 8 night  voyage was reduced to 5 nights due to a threat of Covid (later shown to be unfounded), we received credit for the entire eight nights.

We had a 7 night on Oasis in a JS that got extended to 11 nights because of hurricane Dorian, and were offered the opportunity to book while on board for the remaining three nights for $100 each. We got 22 points for the first (11 night) cruise, and 14 for the second (3 night) one.😇

• Like 2

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

We had a 7 night on Oasis in a JS that got extended to 11 nights because of hurricane Dorian, and were offered the opportunity to book while on board for the remaining three nights for $100 each. We got 22 points for the first (11 night) cruise, and 14 for the second (3 night) one.😇

Those are the kind of deals I LOVE to find/get.

Good for you!

12 hours ago, orville99 said:

$300 for 14 points, that was definitely worth it! I just booked a 4-night cruise on Allure for $517 and I'm only getting 8 points, humph 😤😂

On 9/2/2023 at 10:02 AM, yogimax said:

Totally agree about the Double Points Promotion which created hordes of new Diamonds and thousands if not millions of free drinks.  

We weren't created but one 13-nighter in a suite with a Double Points promotion is a heck of a jump from D towards D+.