Embarkation question

RonaldL

37 minutes ago, RonaldL said:

Princess says my embarkation time in an upcoming  trip is "Blue Line."  What does that mean?

You have conflated two things - time and place.  There is no longer any set embarkation time.  Just show up no later than indicated in your Travel Summary.  Blue Lane is for check-in processing.

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

It usually just means that you will need to pick up your medallion at the port.  

My May 24 cruise is still blue line, and yet my July cruise this year cruise was green, and on both cruises I will have to pick up the medallions at the port, because it's Southampton and I am in the UK.

• Like 1

Just now, terrierjohn said:

My May 24 cruise is still blue line, and yet my July cruise this year cruise was green, and on both cruises I will have to pick up the medallions at the port, because it's Southampton and I am in the UK.

I gather you missed the news announcements about the change to both boarding pass screen in the App and the check-in lanes.  PCL changed things such that now the Green Lane is only for guests who come to check-in with Medallions and all things completed in the App.  It used to be you would be Green if all things completed and just needed to pick up Medallion.  This changed in August so that is why you were Green in July.

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

August 2nd, they changed the App and rules of arrivals groups.

So, before this date…you were green lane if you completed your checkin, even pickup at the port.

Effective Aug 2nd, anyone who picks up at port, regardless where you are is now in the Blue lane.

As mentioned, you can arrive anytime you wish, going by your travel summary of course.