Travel insurance for Canadians, booked with Celebrity

rowval

Hi I just booked a cruise thru Celebrity, we are Canadian, they said that we cannot get travel insurance thru them because we are Canadian? We have a out of country medical insurance plan, but wanted to get insurance for cancellation due to medical , just in case

who does everyone use? 

Are you using a TA? They can sell you cancellation and interruption insurance if that's all you need. I think all the major Canadian banks sell various combinations of travel insurance.  We now have an annual policy, but IIRC in the past we had ours through RBC via our TA. Try asking on the Canadian forum.

I used CAA for trip interruption/cancellation for our cruise this past January/Feb and so glad I did….missed our last 3 days of cruise because my husband got sick and we had to disembark in St. Maarten.    Covered our new flights, my hotel, etc.   Took several months to receive compensation.   Tip:   if anything like this should happen, it is comforting to know you’ll be covered BUT keep all receipts and if those aren’t available, keep a record of each expense.   I tracked each expense in a note on my phone.   Not always easy to do when under the stress of the situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2023 at 5:44 PM, rowval said:

Hi I just booked a cruise thru Celebrity, we are Canadian, they said that we cannot get travel insurance thru them because we are Canadian? We have a out of country medical insurance plan, but wanted to get insurance for cancellation due to medical , just in case

who does everyone use? 

Canadian here. We have a Bank of Montreal Mastercard world elite! Check it out. It has trip cancellation, trip interruption…..etc. 

Good luck with it!