Unable to check in. Did the Royal up bid cause this?

We have a upcoming cruise on the Oasis in of the seas and are unable to check in.  We get a "Sorry there is a glitch" when we click on check in.  We did do the Royal up bid for a upgraded room and are wondering if others have had issues with checking in after doing so?  It might just be the usual snafu with royals IT department.

5 minutes ago, playingpossum said:

We have an upcoming cruise on the Oasis in off the seas and are unable to check in.  We get a "Sorry there is a glitch" when we click on check in.  We did do the Royal up bid for an upgraded room and are wondering if others have had issues with checking in after doing so?  It might just be the usual snafu with royals IT department.

More likely just the weekly RCL IT glitch. Their systems are at best flaky even on a good day. Try checking in using a computer if you were trying on the app, and try on the app if you were using a computer - when one breaks, sometimes the other one works. Or, just grab a beer and wait them out.😇

• Haha 1

Thank you for the replies.  We have tried using a couple different computers and both phones with no luck.  Been around long enough to know that Royals IT department is about as bad as it gets but this is the 1st time we have encountered this.  We thought maybe bidding on a room caused the issue as others on our group have not had any problems.

We ran into the same issue in August when check-in opened up. We had 4 cabins, and one was a Royal Up bid room, and all 4 cabins could not check in for several hours.  Keep trying  - unfortunately this is a common happening. 

5 minutes ago, Anton said:

I'm not saying this will work, but have your tried doing it from the website without logging in, using this link? https://www.royalcaribbean.com/reservation/lookup

This is the result when I try it that way.    Thank you for the reference though.image.thumb.png.adbc9805b28fa95f1604bd4c9821e14b.png

Edited by playingpossum

2 hours ago, playingpossum said:

My wife has been checking since yesterday morning and making me do so as well lol.  She likes to have everything wrapped up and planned.  This will likely result in a later boarding time unfortunately.

I have sailed out of Cape Liberty a lot and they don’t check or care about arrival times. Show up whenever you want, everyone else does.

2 hours ago, playingpossum said:

Thank you for the replies.  We have tried using a couple different computers and both phones with no luck.  Been around long enough to know that Royals IT department is about as bad as it gets but this is the 1st time we have encountered this.  We thought maybe bidding on a room caused the issue as others on our group have not had any problems.

We have bids in on multiple cabins and were able to check in for our cruise yesterday with no issues.  We are on a different ship though.  Have you tried logging out of the app and logging back in again?  That has worked for us in the past when we have had issues.  

17 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I have sailed out of Cape Liberty a lot and they don’t check or care about arrival times. Show up whenever you want, everyone else does.

Thanks Jerseygirl,

We have sailed out of there a few times now too and I do not recall being asked about our scheduled time.  We will just go with the flow and arrive at the time we would have if we had gotten checked in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have bids in on multiple cabins and were able to check in for our cruise yesterday with no issues.  We are on a different ship though.  Have you tried logging out of the app and logging back in again?  That has worked for us in the past when we have had issues.  

Yes tried just about everything short of calling them lol.  It is not something to lose sleep over.  Maybe they are just trying to figure out which room to upgrade us to 😂

• Like 1