confused about tips

dalmoradie

New to Celebrity.  Just booked an Aqua Class room on the Equinox for the 2/24/24 sailing.  On the room details screen it says " Drinks, Wi-fi and Tips included"  but on my Add Ons, "prepaid gratuities" is showing meaning I can add it on.  If tips are included, why do I need to add prepaid gratuities?  Is there a difference between tips and gratuities?  TIA

22 minutes ago, dalmoradie said:

New to Celebrity.  Just booked an Aqua Class room on the Equinox for the 2/24/24 sailing.  On the room details screen it says " Drinks, Wi-fi and Tips included"  but on my Add Ons, "prepaid gratuities" is showing meaning I can add it on.  If tips are included, why do I need to add prepaid gratuities?  Is there a difference between tips and gratuities?  TIA

Celebrity's web page will frequently allow you to purchase things you already have. I have two bookings with Always Included (Drinks, Wi-Fi, and Tips), but I have the option in the cruise planner to buy a drink package.

To us the old saying, it's a feature, not a bug...

• Like 1

No you do not need to add them.  The gratuities included with your booking take care of the wait staff, cabin attendant and other housekeeping and dining staff you don’t see.  The beverage package included with your booking includes the gratuity on your drinks.

If you purchase any beverages outside of your package, book spa services, fitness classes  or specialty restaurants there will be gratuity added to those.

• Like 1

You don't need to add them. This check box is just there and isn't smart enough to gray out when booking. Even after you book, when you log in to manage your reservation, it will allow you to buy a drink package (which you already have as well). The only real decision you have to make is....do you want to upgrade your Classic drink package and basic WIFI to Premium. 

• Like 1