Every excursion is sold out

Techno123

32 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

Can I waitlist a sold-out cooking demonstration in advance? There's no waitlist button online, and I really want to avoid having to call RSSC.

In Dec there was no wait list on line option. Didn’t try calling.-

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rallydave said:

While we fully understand no way to get everyone on a tour at every port, seems like this is completely  contrary to the advertising of "free unlimited shore excursions"

"Free unlimited shore excursions" only mean there is no limit to the number in each port that you can book. However availability is "first come, first served," and conflicting departure times will prevent you from often selecting more than one.  However if the times work you can select one, two, or even three excursions in one port, subject to availability. 

Regent puts no limit one the number you can select. But a you stated, we all "fully understand no way to get everyone on a tour at every port," or should understand this. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rallydave said:

Consumer protection laws in the US are few and far between but, consumer  laws in UK and EU are quite a bit stronger so wondering how the type of advertising can continue.  Yes the Ts and C's cover the possible lack of free excursions but, people see the free in advertisements and on the website and rarely read the T's and C's.

This is not an issue. It is very clear what is being offered.

Glad you received your flight cancellation compensation 🙂

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, wineoclock said:

Looking to book Regent next year. If I’ve already paid for inclusive shore excursions (it’s in the fare) I would hope to get them so good to know about waitlists and turning up to the theatre however stressful that sounds! 

Why would this be "stressful?"  Simply walk in and ask if there are no-shows or last-minute cancellations for a tour you'd like to join.  Easy-peasy.

17 hours ago, wineoclock said:

Looking to book Regent next year. If I’ve already paid for inclusive shore excursions (it’s in the fare) I would hope to get them so good to know about waitlists and turning up to the theatre however stressful that sounds! 

You can book your shorex one year in advance. Mark your calendar to book on the day reservations open all you’ll  be all set!

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, kjbacon said:

You can book your shorex one year in advance. Mark your calendar to book on the day reservations open all you’ll  be all set!

It's 300 days out if you are not in a Concierge Suite or higher, or are not Silver status. So there is a chance excursions can be sold out for new to Regent passengers. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kjbacon said:

As @papaflamingo says no you cant unless you are silver/concierge and above 😁. And as mentioned, this particular port did not have any availability until well after all the other ports. When I realised their booking hadn't gone through, that tour was waitlisted and none of the others had availability either.

6 hours ago, wineoclock said:

I like to be organised. All my excursions diy or ships (if I have OBC) are booked as soon as possible to ensure I get the excursions I want. If we’ve already been somewhere then we will do an alternative to the main attractions. 

I notice you’re a Disney person, and I’m assuming by extension, a super-planner. I get it, I’m guilty of that too. After all, planning is half the fun. It’s taken years, but I’ve slowly learned that sometimes the unplanned and spontaneous create the best memories and experiences, the things we don’t know we want to do. I know this doesn’t answer your question, but I’m just putting it out there; I used to feel defeated if I wasn’t able to plan exactly what I wanted, but I’ve changed what I consider successful planning. 

Edited by GMIAC
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Techno123 said:

As @papaflamingo says no you cant unless you are silver/concierge and above 😁. And as mentioned, this particular port did not have any availability until well after all the other ports. When I realised their booking hadn't gone through, that tour was waitlisted and none of the others had availability either.

Good point about the advance timing!

Yes, I understand your situation but I was making a suggestion for the soon to be Regent newbie with the great name, wineoclock 🍷

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GMIAC said:

I notice you’re a Disney person, and I’m assuming by extension, a super-planner. I get it, I’m guilty of that too. After all, planning is half the fun. It’s taken years, but I’ve slowly learned that sometimes the unplanned and spontaneous create the best memories and experiences, the things we don’t know we want to do. I know this doesn’t answer your question, but I’m just putting it out there; I used to feel defeated if I wasn’t able to plan exactly what I wanted, but I’ve changed what I consider successful planning. 

Yes I know sometimes being organised can be a drawback! Goes back to my law years. Never ever be late when attending court! But you are right best laid plans can sometimes thrown in an adventure or two :)))

And you so have to be organised with Disney!

Thank you @kjbacon - it’s from when my friends and I used to ask if it was 5o clock (pm) yet as it was wine time:))

Edited by wineoclock
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, wineoclock said:

Thank you @kjbacon - it’s from when my friends and I used to ask if it was 5o clock (pm) yet as it was wine time:))

Well as we sit down at lunch with our first glass of champagne of the day we quote you 'it's 5 o'clock somewhere so must be time for a glass of wine' 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 8 months later...

Hi All, we booked later and missed all excursions and agree spontaneity can also work. My question is, for those who have cruised Reykjavik to Southhampton via Norway ~ are there any absolutely ‘go at any cost’ destinations?

Did Iceland August 2023. We did our own travelling a week in advance of an O cruise. We saw everything in detail. If you want book now, the availability of accommodation is limited these days.

Do not waste your time on ship excursions - do it on your terms.

Most of Iceland, the best of Iceland, is not going to be provided on a 1 day or 2 day excursion. 

Depends upon your focus, but it is a once in a life time experience, so do it comprehensively.

• Like 1