Any Changes to the Final Payment Schedule??

msmoger

I received a final payment notice from my TA for a 1/20/2024 cruise (16 Days - SA and Antarctica).  The payment date in the email is 9/22/2023, 120 days in advance.  Has final payment changed from 90 days?  Of course I'll check withy TA on Monday but I was just wondering if there has been a change.  I haven't seen anything mentioned here and I don't see it on the Princess website.

Thanks,

Edited by msmoger

• msmoger changed the title to Any Changes to the Final Payment Schedule??
6 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

A final payment notice from a TA will often have an earlier date than from Princess, but 30 days earlier may be a little much. The TA wants to get the funds in enough time to make sure Princess receives them by their final payment date.

I think it was just a mistake. She’s a very experienced and long time TA. I’m guessing in this instance the email was automatically (and perhaps incorrectly) generated. I’ll talk to her tomorrow. I was just curious if something had changed.  Thanks

12 minutes ago, msmoger said:

I think it was just a mistake. She’s a very experienced and long time TA. I’m guessing in this instance the email was automatically (and perhaps incorrectly) generated. I’ll talk to her tomorrow. I was just curious if something had changed.  Thanks

Certain promotions have earlier final payment dates. Happen to book an on board 50% off special for a 18 day sailing and the final payment was 120 days not 90 as it should be if booked on the Princess website. My TA asked Princess about the discrepancy and was told it was a condition of the promo.

Friends booked an 18 day sailing for Dec 1 this year from that 90 day ticker agency and also, final payment was 120 days instead of 90, so even though Princess website says 6-24 days should be 90, there are exceptions and first you should have been made aware, so you can decide if you will accept or keep looking.

15 hours ago, skynight said:

I would check the information on the Princess booking confirmation passenger copy. Final payment date is printed there. 

Ding..Ding..Ding  Not sure why I didn't think of that.  Unfortunately the final payment date is in fact 9/22.   I don't know why.  Other than the Plus package I don't see this as a promotional fare, but it's really not a huge deal.  Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1