Is it still possible to upgrade just one person to unlimited internet? New policy or website glitch?

BermudaBound2014

Currently, my planner does not allow me to select just one person to upgrade to the unlimited wi-fi. We have the 'free' 150 minutes and I only need to upgrade hubby. The website is forcing both passengers to upgrade from the included wifi for a total of $219.86. No where can I remove one passenger from this purchase (and no where did I select both passengers). I'm pretty sure I remember having to select which passenger wanted the upgrade. That screen seems gone.

Is this a new policy or a website glitch?

image.thumb.png.7ce0ff8e016dcac6ab15b456004d88d7.png

20 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

If you play the game, it's cheapest to upgrade on day two as the package is pro-rated by days sailing. I expect NCL to end this at some point. @fstuff1 seems to be the expert at doing this. 

THIS.

It wanted $200 each to upgrade to unlimited before our 10 day cruise last month. 

On day 2, I was able to upgrade just me for $100.

• Like 2

I found this at first that in one place it didn’t let me but I looked somewhere else and it would.  I can’t remember if it was the app or the website I got it to work on in the end, but I just remember it only worked in one of the places.  So Try both places 😊

For me, I've been able to successfully upgrade just one person's internet by starting from the Vacation Summary page instead of the Offer Upgrades page.

YMMV, but the Vacation Summary page gives me checkboxes to select the person who wants the unlimited wifi upgrade (e.g. me).

Screenshot2023-09-13103716.thumb.png.a9c38401021dd74f03fa83cc76e0b5f0.png

If I were to go to the Offer Upgrades page, it automatically includes both passengers instead.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

For me, I've been able to successfully upgrade just one person's internet by starting from the Vacation Summary page instead of the Offer Upgrades page.

YMMV, but the Vacation Summary page gives me checkboxes to select the person who wants the unlimited wifi upgrade (e.g. me).

Screenshot2023-09-13103716.thumb.png.a9c38401021dd74f03fa83cc76e0b5f0.png

If I were to go to the Offer Upgrades page, it automatically includes both passengers instead.

This worked for me, as well. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the opposite problem,  I was able to upgrade one person in the cabin (who has 150 free WIFI minutes) at $109 but not the second person (who also has 150 free WIFI minutes) and definitely not the third person who has no free WIFI minutes. I'm assuming I cant do the 3rd person because they don't have any free WIFI minutes.  All three have the upgrade option for $109 but  when I select it for persons 2 and 3 is says unavailable