Joy in Quebec, any itinerary changes yet?

Cruising Lynne

18 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

Hoping to squeeze in between storms for the NYC to Bermuda run on the 20th. I wonder if Joy will sit tight near Quebec for a few days before heading to NY?

Fwiw the Joy left Quebec and made its first scheduled port call this morning. Not sure what they have been told on oard

IMG_0627.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2023 at 4:52 PM, Cruising Lynne said:

Hoping to squeeze in between storms for the NYC to Bermuda run on the 20th. I wonder if Joy will sit tight near Quebec for a few days before heading to NY?

After today’s port call, she is still on her planned itinerary 

IMG_0629.thumb.jpeg.1204986c1dac241485d309b5d93fa7b0.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

We are in Corner Brook, Newfoundland right now. The captain really hasn’t said anything about any itinerary changes other than they are carefully monitoring the situation. He said that he will make an announcement prior to leaving Corner Brook this evening.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Couldn’t get into Sydney because of the weather. Currently circling in the Atlantic. 

Thank you for the update.

Are you on board? Hope the seas are not too rough, and that you have Bonine or some other seasick medicine just in case. Sorry that you are missing ports, but that is part of the adventure. 

I will be packing for Bermuda for the trip leaving NYC Wednesday, but bringing rain jacket and hoodie just in case. 

19 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

Thank you for the update.

Are you on board? Hope the seas are not too rough, and that you have Bonine or some other seasick medicine just in case. Sorry that you are missing ports, but that is part of the adventure. 

I will be packing for Bermuda for the trip leaving NYC Wednesday, but bringing rain jacket and hoodie just in case. 

Yes, I’m on board. It was a little rough the last couple nights but nothing extreme. We are safely in Halifax this morning and I’m enjoying a coffee and Baileys on my balcony. Looks like the weather will be nice today. Looking forward to a walk along the beautiful Halifax waterfront. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Yes, I’m on board. It was a little rough the last couple nights but nothing extreme. We are safely in Halifax this morning and I’m enjoying a coffee and Baileys on my balcony. Looks like the weather will be nice today. Looking forward to a walk along the beautiful Halifax waterfront. 

Great that you are able to dock in Halifax today. Sounds like you are starting the day off right. Have some poutine for me! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Any lunch recommendations in Halifax?

7 minutes ago, 3dogmom said:

Any lunch recommendations in Halifax?

Didn’t have lunch in Halifax but I would recommend trying some of the craft beers at Garrison Brewery right across the street from the Pier, They have an assortment of draft beer flights available for sampling. I really liked the Irish Red Ale.IMG_2931.thumb.jpeg.1f2fbd6adfd071dee4c7f974376b4fe1.jpeg