Atlantis Day Visit with Comfort Suites Booking

CroNich

Hi there,

My friend and I will be cruising on the Oasis in January and are really eager to visit Atlantis Resort for the day (its been a life long dream for both of us). Obviously prices are crazy right now, both through Royal Caribbean and through Atlantis itself, however after doing some research I noticed that the Comfort Suites on Paradise Island gives you access to the Atlantis Resort including the water park for just under half the price (for 2 adults).

I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting into Atlantis for the day using this method and if so how it actually works in reality. Specifically, I'm wondering: 

• If we selected our check-in day for the day of our port visit would that give us a full days access to Atlantis? 
  • Would it matter if we weren't there the next day to 'check-out'? 
  • Generally, how much extra effort would this require? I would imagine we'd have to go to the hotel first to 'check-in' and get our passes but is there anything else we would need to be aware of to make this work? 

Thanks in advance,

Nick 

Have done this a few times. It is not hard at all. Comfort suites has quiet a few guests that do this and is used to it. All you do is check in and get your wristbands. Comfort suites has no problem with you checking in and getting wristbands and never using your room. Your room might not even be ready for occupancy until later in the day anyhow.

Did you try to book through Marriott for the Atlantis using marriott reward points or cash? It might be cheaper or if you have a marriott points to burn.

• Like 1

I also have done this.  The staff at the comfort Inn were used to this and amazingly accommodating. They even had cabs waiting outside for the return back to the ship for those who needed it.  There were at least 4-5 families there when we were doing the same thing.  Best thing was being able to have a quick shower/clean up in nice big bathrooms before we returned to the ship.  

• Like 1

Has anyone been successful at using Choice points to book the Comfort Suites for access to Atlantis? I’d assume it works the same way as paying cash. Looks like they will charge resort fees which are $44.50 per person 12 and up. But the points rate for this Fall is 10-12k points per night which seems like a steal since rooms go for minimum $250 before taxes and fees. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just did Atlantis via Comfort Suites and booked the hotel with points through choicehotels.com for our August cruise.  I bought most of the points I needed.  I needed 3 rooms for 12 people going to Atlantis and so I only needed 30,000 points (only 10,000/night per oom)..  There had been some postings about Comfort suites not guarenteeing  access to Atlantis on the day of arrival so obviously not good for trying to get into Atlantis from a cruise ship.  I had called at one point and was given the same message.  I booked anyways and called from th ship the day before and said there would be no problem.  The process took a while to get the 12 vouchers which then have to be presented at the Royal Tower desk for entry.  There are a number of fees and I was charged $191/room at Comfort Suites, but still less than $60pp even adding in the cost of the points.  

We had a good time for the most part, but lost time on the slides because they close them if lightning is in the area.  What suprised me at Atlantis was that food and drink prices were fairly reasonable.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Kadeeu said:

Just did Atlantis via Comfort Suites and booked the hotel with points through choicehotels.com for our August cruise.  I bought most of the points I needed.  I needed 3 rooms for 12 people going to Atlantis and so I only needed 30,000 points (only 10,000/night per oom)..  There had been some postings about Comfort suites not guarenteeing  access to Atlantis on the day of arrival so obviously not good for trying to get into Atlantis from a cruise ship.  I had called at one point and was given the same message.  I booked anyways and called from th ship the day before and said there would be no problem.  The process took a while to get the 12 vouchers which then have to be presented at the Royal Tower desk for entry.  There are a number of fees and I was charged $191/room at Comfort Suites, but still less than $60pp even adding in the cost of the points.  

We had a good time for the most part, but lost time on the slides because they close them if lightning is in the area.  What suprised me at Atlantis was that food and drink prices were fairly reasonable.  

What kind of identification did they require for checkin? Did you need ids for everyone?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am looking into this "hack" for March and I saw people say how it's great savings etc. so I am looking for a room for 4 (we need 4 passes into Atlantis) for that day. Yes, the room fee is $413 which is good but then there's also the 21% (!) tax + the $178 Hotel Service Fee which brings the total to $678 for the 4 of us making it a little better than getting it through cruise line/Atlantis website but not half the price I've seen people post about. What am I missing?

Edited by MKESail

28 minutes ago, MKESail said:

I am looking into this "hack" for March and I saw people say how it's great savings etc. so I am looking for a room for 4 (we need 4 passes into Atlantis) for that day. Yes, the room fee is $413 which is good but then there's also the 21% (!) tax + the $178 Hotel Service Fee which brings the total to $678 for the 4 of us making it a little better than getting it through cruise line/Atlantis website but not half the price I've seen people post about. What am I missing?

You’re not missing anything, the first time we booked CS, but the next time it was actually cheaper to do the ships excursion. Sometimes booking direct with Atlantis is the best deal.

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2023 at 12:06 PM, MKESail said:

We saw the same and just booked through Atlantis.  Not sure of the 4 people you have ages but 4-12 is $95 pp, under 4 is free, over 12 is $190 pp.  We paid $380 for 2 people.  

We also could enter earlier than cruise ship (9a to 5p).  The cruise ship was there for 4 hours -10 to 2p.  We were there until 3ish.

Edited by jean87510
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 10:17 PM, Kadeeu said:

Atlantis day passes are running $199 pp, so I was thinking of doing this “hack” for my friend and I on our upcoming cruise. It looks like a room at the Comfort Inn is only 10k Choice points, which I can buy for $75 since they’re running a points sale currently. So…what am I missing here? I understand there are extra fees to pay at the hotel, but this still seems to good to be true….

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2023 at 9:22 AM, jaredgold33 said:

Atlantis day passes are running $199 pp, so I was thinking of doing this “hack” for my friend and I on our upcoming cruise. It looks like a room at the Comfort Inn is only 10k Choice points, which I can buy for $75 since they’re running a points sale currently. So…what am I missing here? I understand there are extra fees to pay at the hotel, but this still seems to good to be true….

Did you wind up doing this? Did you have success?

14 hours ago, g683002 said:

What time will they let you “check in”? Did you book the hotel for the night you’re in port or the night before? 

You check in the morning of your reservation, you can a

so check out at the same time if you wish. We didn’t, so my husband trekked back to check out.

6 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

You check in the morning of your reservation, you can a

so check out at the same time if you wish. We didn’t, so my husband trekked back to check out.

How long ago did you do this?  Did they give you the vouchers upon arrival or did they make you wait until the official check in time at 3?

19 hours ago, Mediterranean_Honeymooner said:

How long ago did you do this?  Did they give you the vouchers upon arrival or did they make you wait until the official check in time at 3?

It was years ago but I haven’t seen anything that would make me believe policies have changed. We arrived before 9, they gave us vouchers to bring over to Atlantis to get wristbands, at 9 we were putting some towels and our belongings on lounge chairs and we strolled around until 10 when the slides opened. The park closes at 5/6.

• Like 1

We are going in August, I was wondering if anyone has done the Comfort inn hack to get into Atlantis. 

The only issue I run into is that we are a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids) and there aren't any rooms to book that can accommodate 5 so I am wondering what I would have to do for the last person. 

10 hours ago, StevenMA said:

We are going in August, I was wondering if anyone has done the Comfort inn hack to get into Atlantis. 

The only issue I run into is that we are a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids) and there aren't any rooms to book that can accommodate 5 so I am wondering what I would have to do for the last person. 

You would need to either book 2 rooms or buy a day pass directly from Atlantis. 

• 2 months later...

I called Comfort Suites this week at 1-242-363-3680 and I spoke to a worker at the hotel. She said that check in is at 3 p.m. and that is when I would get guaranteed access to the Atlantis waterpark. She said when I arrive in the morning I can "pre-check in" and they would give me paperwork to take to Atlantis, however, Atlantis knows Comfort suites check in is at 3 p.m. and they could deny me access if it is a busier day. She said that sometimes happens, but would not give me a percentage of how often that happens. I told her I was going for spring break the week before Easter, and she said "Yes, that is a peak time, and they may deny you in the morning." She also added that on my checkout day- checkout is at 10 a.m. and make sure to get the wrist band by 9 a.m. and not after 10 a.m. because they will deny you.   I would be just coming from my cruise ship, so that part would not matter, but thought it might be helpful to know.  
So since I am going during a crowded time, I will not take the risk of losing out on $573 for the hotel room to save $400.  That would be such a bummer for my family and would have me stressed the day before the Nassau stop too.  
I would definitely do this cruise Comfort suite hack if it were not during a busy holiday/peak time though    Easter for 2024 falls end of March though when a lot of other schools have spring break at the end of March as well- making it more crowded than normal.  

• Thanks 1