Its Friday! What is wrong with me?

luvgreys

I'm right there with ya luv!!!;) I'm 27 and seeem to have no life other than CC!! Ok not true (but it sure feels that way sometimes!)....unfortunately, my DH doesn't share my love of the boards with me - he just prefers to roll his eyes at me - LOL! :D

Why am I on these boards? My husband and I are so tired. We are only 29 with out any children...and yet we are looking at these posts, and having a few beers, this is our entertainment tonight!!:p

I am at work. Not very busy. Work until 2300 then travel home to go online again

How do you know your addicted

0. Cruiscritic is your main entertainment

1. You get up in the middle of the night to check out the boards

2. Its the first thing in the morning you check.

3. You hit the "reload" button every 5 seconds.

4. When your say "just one more post, honey" and turnes into much longer.

5. You get nurvous ticks when you are away from the boards too long

6. Do you regale your co-workers and friends with what's online

7. Do you LOL at work and everyone turnes their head.

I'm right there with ya luv!!!;) I'm 27 and seeem to have no life other than CC!! Ok not true (but it sure feels that way sometimes!)....unfortunately, my DH doesn't share my love of the boards with me - he just prefers to roll his eyes at me - LOL! :D

My will start rolling his eyes if I do not stop soon!!!:rolleyes: Im a teacher, and he is a lawyer, its like we need Friday night to detox from the week!!!

Great! I knew it. I wonder if there is a 12 step program? :p

And I am 26 and at home on Friday night watching Conviction and reading these boards. No hubby for me though. Although I do have the sweetest 5 year old daughter with the flu drooling all over my leg. The things you do for love....:D

luvgrey-I am a teacher too. I know how you feel. Emotionally & physically drained!!

Great! I knew it. I wonder if there is a 12 step program? :p

And I am 26 and at home on Friday night watching Conviction and reading these boards. No hubby for me though. Although I do have the sweetest 5 year old daughter with the flu drooling all over my leg. The things you do for love....:D

luvgrey-I am a teacher too. I know how you feel. Emotionally & physically drained!!

Sorry your daughter is sick! What do you teach? I teach fourth grade. I love it! I have been taking airborne twice a week, so I will be healthy on my cruise! I was a little sick last year when we went. I probably got it from one of my students. You know they think that washing their hands is against the law!:p

OMG it's true! I'm a Cruisecriticaholic! Well I admitted it but fortunately I don't want to do anything about it! :D I love these boards!

Sorry your daughter is sick! What do you teach? I teach fourth grade. I love it! I have been taking airborne twice a week, so I will be healthy on my cruise! I was a little sick last year when we went. I probably got it from one of my students. You know they think that washing their hands is against the law!:p

I teach 6th grade language arts. I love them to death, but they do not know a thing about washing their hands. Our kids get 15 minute breaks between each block where they can go get a snack or use the washroom-sometimes both. On occasion they bring me back a cookie or something and give it to me out of the palm of their hand. I say thank you and smile, but there is no way I would eat anything not wrapped! :eek:

My daughter will be ok. She is sleeping now and has plenty of medicine in her system. It seems like once she is over something someone at school gives it back to her. Just a big swapping of germs!

I am going on my cruise in December. I think I might take the airborne leading up to it as well-that's a good idea you got there. I would hate to be sick when we go!

I teach 6th grade language arts. I love them to death, but they do not know a thing about washing their hands. Our kids get 15 minute breaks between each block where they can go get a snack or use the washroom-sometimes both. On occasion they bring me back a cookie or something and give it to me out of the palm of their hand. I say thank you and smile, but there is no way I would eat anything not wrapped! :eek:

My daughter will be ok. She is sleeping now and has plenty of medicine in her system. It seems like once she is over something someone at school gives it back to her. Just a big swapping of germs!

I am going on my cruise in December. I think I might take the airborne leading up to it as well-that's a good idea you got there. I would hate to be sick when we go!

I know this is called CC..but do you have ay ideas how I can make teaching adverbs fun? I have a lower group of kids this year, and I cannot seem to get through to them. Thanks

Home computer's out of commission right now. Yesterday DH left (with 2 of the 3 kids) to see family for the weekend; he took his laptop with him, and I forgot to bring mine home Thursday! Talk about withdrawal! I made sure my laptop came home with me today. My only saving grace was that my soaps were pre-empted for the NCAA, so I didn't miss anything there:) Took a little catching up today on these boards, though.

I know this is called CC..but do you have ay ideas how I can make teaching adverbs fun? I have a lower group of kids this year, and I cannot seem to get through to them. Thanks

Adverb Fun

from

http://www.lovetolearnplace.com/Grammar/Adverb%20Fun.pdf

Rats!

from

http://www.computerlab.kids.new.net/parts_of_speech_sites.htm

I have a low group as well this year. I was teaching them personal narratives. Spent time preparing them for what to write. When they started to write their rough drafts I noticed half of them didn't indent or use periods. Very common things they should already know! I learned a very valuable lesson- NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING!!! :)

Adverbs. Those are easy once they get it. I would give them this list. 144 adverbs. http://www.paulnoll.com/China/Teach/English-adverbs.html

Have them write sentences using them. Maybe have them make a chain. One student say a simple sentence, then the rest must use adverbs to add on to what the first student said. By the end you will have about 20 different sentences all saying something different. They might get the power of explaination and using adverbs.

It's tough trying to help them "get it". This is my first year, and I am learning A LOT!

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one spending way too much time on these boards! It really is addicting! But it's a great way to pass the time til my cruise! I'm sure DH would like me to curl up on the couch with him, but I just can't tear myself away!

i have printed many pics of the triumph and i take one to work each day and post it on the bulletin board with for example " 36 days and counting " written on the bottom. they are quite jealous lol.

I would do that...but ask Jersey Girl...teachers can be vicious!!!!:D

Archived