all inclusive vs port to port

westmount

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Silverseas, but have done my time with the other lines. My agent booked me all in without flights, but it seems to me that it's about $2000 for taxi rides to the ship , so I don't quite see what the deal is. I'm on a great trip from Sydney to Auckland, and look forward to my first Silverseas trip, but is there something I'm not understanding on why there's a $2000 charge for all in without Flights or hotel vs port to port??

Westmount 

Mrs Banjo and I use the port to port whenever it is offered. For us Blacklane does not operate in our area, I can also get transfers at lower costs.  With air, I can also usually get better routings and comparable rates.  But, there are downsides, the cancellation fee is high, but I buy travel insurance to cover an unexpected cancellation or trip interruption.  All in all, my preference is the Port to Port 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, westmount said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Silverseas, but have done my time with the other lines. My agent booked me all in without flights, but it seems to me that it's about $2000 for taxi rides to the ship , so I don't quite see what the deal is. I'm on a great trip from Sydney to Auckland, and look forward to my first Silverseas trip, but is there something I'm not understanding on why there's a $2000 charge for all in without Flights or hotel vs port to port??

Westmount 

Have you asked that question of Silversea or your TA?  Perhaps you need to ask for a refund of transfers from home to airport?  Definitely ask for an explanation, and if not happy with the response, just book port to port

On 9/15/2023 at 6:25 PM, Observer said:

The deposit required and/or cancellation penalties may be much more severe with port to port.

@MJN1 reported in another thread (Dawn across the Baltic sea) that the on-board cruise consultant said that the 25% P2P deposit can be transferred without penalty to another cruise - and reconfirmed this today.  

This would make port-to-port fares much more attractive because we'd previously been told that the deposit was non-refundable/non-transferable. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

@MJN1 reported in another thread (Dawn across the Baltic sea) that the on-board cruise consultant said that the 25% P2P deposit can be transferred without penalty to another cruise - and reconfirmed this today.  

This would make port-to-port fares much more attractive because we'd previously been told that the deposit was non-refundable/non-transferable. 

Wow! That is great to know because I often string together land/sea trips so the P2P is more attractive. Thank you.

11 hours ago, billc23 said:

Wow! That is great to know because I often string together land/sea trips so the P2P is more attractive. Thank you.

Agreed, this would be fantastic and hope that cruise consultant was not mistaken. Be sure to confirm this with your own cruise consultant or TA.