Queen Vic West Med: wonderful beyond expectations

MrsPeel55

19 hours ago, MrsPeel55 said:

Thank you all once again! I'm still a bit achey but 2 days without temperature, so all is well and we are still basking on the marvel that was the sailing!

I found an itinerary that could help us pass the time until our next booking which is in over a year.... there is a Rotterdam & Bruges this Christmas ...... now I need convincing arguments to get my daughter to think that could be a great trip.... she wants to do it but in either early or late summer.....

will come back with some more thoughts when I can type better 🙂

Rotterdam was a revelation when we went in March. We're thinking of going back for a few days. Loved the market food hall and the Cube houses. Also loved the little water taxis to get around. I'd love to do a Christmas markets cruise. 

• Like 2

I think the Original Poster will make the most of any trip really - so maybe the destination doesn't matter too much?!

The only catch with Brugge is that the actual port is Zeebrugge, which I'm sure she knows from all the reading up. But for others it's about 10 miles / 15 miles from Bruges/Brugge, so about 30 minutes away by coach or taxi. However the one secret that Zeebrugge has is easy access to a remarkable tram service which goes along much of the Belgian coastline. So if you want an easy trip to Ostend in one direction, or Knokke-Heist in the other direction it's very easy to do.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

I think the Original Poster will make the most of any trip really - so maybe the destination doesn't matter too much?!

The only catch with Brugge is that the actual port is Zeebrugge, which I'm sure she knows from all the reading up. But for others it's about 10 miles / 15 miles from Bruges/Brugge, so about 30 minutes away by coach or taxi. However the one secret that Zeebrugge has is easy access to a remarkable tram service which goes along much of the Belgian coastline. So if you want an easy trip to Ostend in one direction, or Knokke-Heist in the other direction it's very easy to do.

Or the  train which takes about fifteen minutes.

Cunard shuttle into Zeebrugge itself, then the train and then it's a brisk walk into town although the cobbles might make it a somewhat bumpy wheelchair ride in places. Homework to be done there if needs be,

• Like 3

oh God bless you guys with all the best info!!!!!!

So I presented all your wonderful suggestions,  she turned up with a very (very!) convincing argument for not doing winter, plus showed me a number of options Cunard has for late May- early  June or early September , once I get down to 2 or 3 options, will come to get your opinions!!!!

One thing is clear, we are not gonna be able to wait until December 2024, we are IN NEED to go back to feel like real queens before our booking!

Also getting some friends who want to experience Cunard after the communication we had through the week, 3 friends already booked to go to our Christmas 2024 sailing with us! 

• Like 5

The first half of the trip was a good as the second half. 

The only thing I did find a bit odd was the mix and match crockery in the Britannia. Some looked like it had come from the Lido as it was plain white. 

Edited by Lanky Lad
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

The only thing I did find a bit odd was the mix and match crockery in the Britannia. Some looked like it had come from the Lido as it was plain white. 

I had a Queen ‘s Grill milk jug every night last year on Q V in Britannia. 

On 9/21/2023 at 8:03 PM, Lanky Lad said:

Weirdly, I noticed the same thing in Britannia Club in QM2 this week! 

On 9/17/2023 at 2:25 PM, Winifred 22 said:

Oh the Canaries cruise sounds wonderful. I have done that Itinerary on QE before she left our shores for down under and really enjoyed it. I am sure you will too. I did Spain and Portugal on QV pre Christmas last year and the decorations etc..   and the atmosphere were  amazing. Going to do a 5 nighter this Christmas just to see the docorations. 

We are doing that one also. Just the 2 of us this time without DD, SIL and grandkids