Main dining seating map (upper level)

backroads_71

• backroads_71 changed the title to Main dining seating map (upper level)

We were on the Konningsdam to Alaska on Sept 2 to 9, 2023.  The table layout appears similar to the maps you may find online but the table numbers are all different.  According to the maps, the table numbers starts on deck 2 and continue up to deck 3.  

On our sailing, set seating was on deck 3 only and open seating was on deck 2 only.  Early seating was 5:00pm and late seating was 7:30pm.

You cannot select a particular table ahead of time for set seating.  That is done by the maitre'd on the ship.  If you don't like the table assignment, you can talk to the maitre'd on the first night.  On our cruise, there were a lot of empty tables for early seating.

Edited by BackNow
  • Like 1

We were on the Konningsdam to Alaska on Sept 2 to 9, 2023.  The table layout appears similar to the maps you may find online but the table numbers are all different.  According to the maps, the table numbers starts on deck 2 and continue up to deck 3.  

On our sailing, set seating was on deck 3 only and open seating was on deck 2 only.  Early seating was 5:00pm and late seating was 7:30pm.

You cannot select a particular table ahead of time for set seating.  That is done by the maitre'd on the ship.  If you don't like the table assignment, you can talk to the maitre'd on the first night.  On our cruise, there were a lot of empty tables for early seating.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BackNow said:

you cannot select a particular table ahead of time for set seating.  That is done by the maitre'd on the ship.  If you don't like the table assignment, you can talk to the maitre'd on the first night.  On our cruise, there were a lot of empty tables for early seating.

Over the years a substantial number of people have posted on CC that they were able, at least on HAL, to get the table they wanted assigned in advance by contacting Ship's Services with a list of two or three preferred tables. It is up to the maitre'd, but the request is commonly filled.

12 hours ago, backroads_71 said:

I've looked at the seating map on halfacts,com,  although several people have made comments that it is not up to date....

I would be interested in finding out where you saw the comments that the maps on HalFacts are not up to date. The people involved in the site can not correct problems unless they find out that the problem exists, and might not see random posts on CC or FB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BackNow said:

I usually go to the MDR for lunch on embarkation day. On the way out, I look for my table to make sure it's the size I want. If it isn't, I try to speak to the Maitre d' before dinner. There's often a time that's set for people to queue to sort out table changes. 

The maps for Konningsdam on the halfacts and rogerjett sites are the same.  I was on the Konningsdam on Sept 2 - 9, 2023.  The table numbers were completely different on the ship.

On our cruise the complete deck 3 was for set seating only.  On your cruise a complete deck or certain sections are for set seating.  If you select a table for open seating, you will not get it for set seating.  If you want a table by the window, say so.

I find some people at Guest Services are not well informed.  If you ask 3 people the same questions, you might get 3 completely different answers.  That might apply the same on the phone line.

13 hours ago, richwmn said:

Over the years a substantial number of people have posted on CC that they were able, at least on HAL, to get the table they wanted assigned in advance by contacting Ship's Services with a list of two or three preferred tables. It is up to the maitre'd, but the request is commonly filled.

It's the ship coordinator for your particular ship that can send your request. I've been making table requests for years. I usually provide 3 choices and am a 100% suck up when asking for a table. I never throw the Mariner stars card or the suite card or anything like that. I just provide my booking number and my Mariner #. Then, I write as an earnest young man trying to have the best vacation possible. They're going to look up your reservation and it'll show your Mariner ID.

Being nice is the key, IMHO. We've always managed to get our first or second table choice. And yes, we use the Halfacts MDR maps.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2