Live Bermuda Bliss Insignia September 20-27th

calicakes

The seas are getting rougher.  We ordered room service for lunch.  Turkey club and french onion soup.  The club came with 1 slice of turkey and about 5 slices of roast beef.  Roast beef was not mentioned on the menu and I don't eat beef.  I removed it, but it touched the bread and I won't eat bread soaked in meat juice.   The soup was missing the melted cheese.  It was also pretty bland, I never salt my food and I've had to numerous times.  Julie lost her footing and fell into the soup which splashed on my clothes.  We're now doing wash.  LOL.   

Internet is going in and out.  We're hanging out in the cabin, watching movies and planning excursions for our Celebrity cruise next month.  

I forgot to mention.

Our cabin was decorated with pink/white balloons and 2 towel swans.  The TA must have told them it was our anniversary.  

While at the pool yesterday, I walked over to Waves to grab some fruit.  I was wearing a one piece bathing suit and was scolded by a manager for not having a shirt on.  Yeah, ok.  I wasn't sitting in the restaurant, I was grabbing the fruit and taking it back to the lounge chair.  

Being as this  is your second O cruise, I assume you enjoyed the first one enough to book a second. 

This cruise though does not seem to  be that exciting or am I over analyzing your posts?

Food seems ok but not finest at sea! 

Im curious as we’re usually on X .We have our first O cruise next year and I’m looking at Iceland for next fall so I’m trying to decide if O would be a good fit. We enjoy good food. Don’t go to the Broadway type shows but do enjoy good music in the different venues on X.
We are energetic 60 year olds ( well

still 59) who still think we’re 40 lol! 

I realise we could have very different wants and expectations ,but just curious if you’d book O again. 
Thank you.

Edited by dock

6 minutes ago, dock said:

Being as this  is your second O cruise, I assume you enjoyed the first one enough to book a second. 

This cruise though does not seem to  be that exciting or am I over analyzing your posts?

Food seems ok but not finest at sea! 

Im curious as we’re usually on X .We have our first O cruise next year and I’m looking at Iceland for next fall so I’m trying to decide if O would be a good fit. We enjoy good food. Don’t go to the Broadway type shows but do enjoy good music in the different venues on X.
We are energetic 60 year olds ( well

still 59) who still think we’re 40 lol! 

I realise we could have very different wants and expectations ,but just curious if you’d book O again. 
Thank you.

The first O cruise was great, it was Feb 2022 with only 338 passengers on board.  It was a Caribbean cruise.   We do have another O cruise booked, April 2024 from Los Angeles.  

We also have 3 upcoming X cruises.  I might cancel the Sept X cruise.  We're taking a Mexican Riviera. from LA on Eclipse next month, a Great Barrier Reef in Feb 2024, the 3rd X cruise is on Beyond from Ft. Lauderdale.  

I prefer more port days than sea days.  I'm 56 and Julie is 61.  We're pretty energetic as well.  Julie plays pickleball 5x a week.  I'm active as well.  This cruise was rather boring. 

3 hours ago, calicakes said:

I prefer more port days than sea days.  I'm 56 and Julie is 61.  We're pretty energetic as well.  Julie plays pickleball 5x a week.  I'm active as well.  This cruise was rather boring. 

Sounds like  you should  stick with  cruises that are more intensive  & on the larger  ships

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Sounds like  you should  stick with  cruises that are more intensive  & on the larger  ships

We're fine with smaller ships as we usually skip evening entertainment. This itinerary had a lot of sea days and today was ROUGH.  

• Like 1

We did a whole lot of nothing today.  Our bags are packed and are outside the door. 

We did venture out to the buffet at 7pm.  Pretty empty.  There were a lot of repurposed foods.  For instance, yesterday at lunch they had polenta.  Today it was made into triangles, grilled and topped with sausage.  There was a lot of veal at the buffet.  A veal stir fry( weird), veal with some sauce and another veal dish.  There was a veggie lasagna that had all of the mixed steamed veggies included.  No ricotta filling.  There was no chicken at all.  

Don't shoot the messenger, just reporting what I observed.  I tried the lasagna, but I couldn't stomach it.  Partially due to the way the ship is rocking back and forth.  Julie had pasta with red sauce.  

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, calicakes said:

We're fine with smaller ships as we usually skip evening entertainment. This itinerary had a lot of sea days and today was ROUGH.  

Yes   hard to  pick a good time during hurricane season

We board  Vista on Friday & hoping  no  storms but  we are OK with some sea days

On 9/20/2023 at 7:20 PM, calicakes said:

As our first oceania cruise was in a suite, I don't think I was prepared for how small the room is. Our suitcases do not even fit under the bed. They are stacked on top of each other next to the sofa. I hate to be that person who complains, but the bathroom was not clean. There was hair in the shower and something that looked like poop on the bathroom door. I called housekeeping to clean it up. I will spare you the photos.

20230920_133310.jpg

If you open your suitcases & slide them under the bed in the open position they fit easily