Norwegian Star obstructed cabin

lauritagoddess

I’m considering booking an obstructed cabin.  I’ve googled and checked this site and YouTube and cruise deck plans, and I’m still not sure what to do.  Is the sound of the boats being lowered for tenders really loud?  Do the crew walk by all the time?  Are the sideways rooms better than the regular obstructed ones?  If anyone has any experience or recommendations for specific cabins I’d appreciate it.  On and I thought the cabins with by the small lifeboats would be best, but unfortunately those are already booked.

Thanks.

We haven't been on the Star for a long time, last time doing the Mexico Rivera back in ages, as in long ago, however, FWIW.  Sideways have that unique layout and we liked them if you can book it - should be YT videos out there, practically the same among the Dawn, Gem, Jade - like the regular Obstructed Oceanview, all on Deck 8.  #8112 and #8612 are better than #8114 or #8614, avoid #8116 or #8616 if you can, unless they are the only ones avaialable, as it is closest to the nearby stairs & elevators.  Noises & parties n Deck 6 or 7 can be heard in the mid/late evenings as it travel up - for early-to-bed folks, avoid it.  If you are the ones doing the partying & dancing in the atrium as noisemakers, then it's fine.   Check your itinerary for tender ports before worrying about lifeboat operations, and they are generally discrete and not that noisy - starboard side are busier and used more frequently - when at anchor and running lifeboats as tender to bring pax ashore & for their return.  Your room steward and/or dining room team aren't going to be out there walking, only designated team members are out there on the walkway as permitted when ship isn't on the move, and they don't look or peakk into the cabins, by will past by the windows - keep the window curtains closed & all is fine.

The ones designated #812* and #862* are designated for accessible pax - the one we saw onboard the Dawn looked quite nice & spacious.  Sleeps 3 with the convertible sofa chair and an upper pullman or bunk dropped out of the ceilig, for a maximum total of 4 guests.

I know we booked those type cabins twice . First time it was great. Love being so close to O’Sheenhans. Husband would go get coffee during the day.

the second time was another issue. I did write a letter and complain. There was someone outside our window 24/7 working on something. Had to keep curtain closed or come face to face with a man. No peaceful down time in cabin. 
mother than seeing daylight thru the maze of lifeboats and a good location I will pass on booking again. 

We have enjoyed sailing in those rooms and their closeness to osheehans as well as promenade one deck below. I think it depends on cruise what tenders they use. On our first star cruise we had a tender port in cabo and the used the tenders right outside our room which was early but we were set to tender at 730 am anyway. On the last cruise we took, they used the tenders at the aft of the ship. We booked a sideways room on the jewel and liked it better. The room felt larger even though i think we had a little less storage. 

IMG20230222130941.jpg

IMG20230222131101.jpg

Edited by v3cruiser
added pics
  • Like 2